Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Two of my girls are *GASP* going away to college this year - Piper and Felicity - and I wanted to make them dorm rooms. I was hoping to make them just boxes, built out of wood, that would have a side opening and fit a bed and maybe a desk. Does anyone have any dimensions for this or another idea? (Or even better, something that does not involve hammers or nails or tools of any kind really, since I'm not good at that kind of stuff.) Thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you can use the thick foam board and duct tape. The dimensions of the foam board are 20" by 30". Two "room boxes would take 11 of them. that would make it 30 inches tall by 20 inches deep by 30 inches wide. My shelves are 20 inches deep, and that's plenty. I know some others have constructed the rooms out of plywood, but I'm not a hammer and nails person either.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! That sounds like something I could do. I could even get the colored duct tape in their favorite colors... lol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You should get off ebay the yellow trundle bed set. That would be great for a dorm room. There is also a AG retired desk, that I have seen cheap. (If you can't find one on ebay and want one pm me.) There is also a number of retired computers, Lindsey's blue one, AGOT pink lap top and there is a Apple computer that went with the desk. All of them are very cute.

I would get the furniture first and then figure out how large you need to make the dorm room. (I have found that 3 to 4 feed wide and 2 feet deep is needed.

Glad your girls are going for a higher education, they could be like Duggy Hauser.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Lindsey's laptop, so Linsi's going to have to give that up I think as I don't want to buy another one. And I have a cheap laptop from Target awhile ago, so I think I'll use that one too.
    I have a pair of bunk beds that my grandparents made but are broken-ish from years of humans sitting on them (not a good idea). Anyway, they separate and I was going to use them for the dorms as I'm getting a new set. Each bed is about 23.5" X 12".
    The only thing I need is a desk. I was maybe not going to use a chair and just attatch a simple desk to the wall, and then they could sit on their bed and use the desk. Otherwise I might check out the desks on eBay.
    I'm trying to keep it simple as next year I have 3 more girls going off to college, and the next year I'm going off to college as well as 5 dolls (hopefully some will get to go with me). I was going to at least make dorm rooms for the 3 next year if I had room/time.