Thread: PLEASE HELP!! Which curlers work BEST!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Ok well this isnt a really important question, but I really want to order curlers from AG and I have a few questions I would really love answered!! Ok here I go:
    1.What do they look like on the doll and what are the results like?[pics would be GREAT!!]
    2.Which work the best?
    3.How do they work?
    4.Are they really worth it?

I use a curling iron for Chloe' but Josefina's hair is way to thick, so I want to get them for her and Felicity who I don't use apply heat to!

Thanks in advance

XOX
    Becca [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I find that the simple small foam ones purchased from any store works wonders on my dolls. I do wrap the foam with tissue papers though, or the hair will get tangled. The more rolers I use, the more curl(s). I also always wet the hair before wrapping on the roller. The longer the rollers stay in ...the better. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use travel hot curlers and they work great. The travel ones don't get too hot.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A stylist at the AGPC salon told me that the blue curlers work better than the other ones that AG sells. Turns out the blue ones are exactly like the Goody perm rods, also blue. They are much cheaper at Wal-Mart as are the papers.

For long hair, the blue perm rods tend to get tangled in their hair, especially when my dd's do it. I purchased some pink foam rollers at the drugstore.

I haven't tried using the papers with the foam rollers. Thanks for the tip, prasnlrd. Now I know your secret for beautiful dolly curls!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Thank you so much--See, I use an actual curling iron for my girls hair{that's how they do it when our girls our made} to curl Clohe' hair--and should see the HUGE curls I get-they are beatiful!!! But Felicity's hair was looseing it's curl and I don't want to use heat on her and Josefina's hair has always been staright, and its just to thick and stuff for the curling iron. Thanks soo much thought!

XOX
    Becca

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The longest lasting curls come from the blue perm rods set wet with curling papers. Don't ever brush the curls because it makes them fall out faster. Just loosen them into pretty waves with your fingers.

Every set of instructions I've ever seen says don't use heat on doll wigs so I never have.

If you have time before a big event, I like to do a wet set with the perm rods, then gently take them out when the hair is dry and replace them with foam rollers for a couple of days. The very best foam rollers that I've seen for the AGT length hair are the old Hairdo Hardware kits. Foam with a metal core inside.

Whenever someone is going to retire to a box for a long sleep, I always set their hair on the drugstore style foam rollers. It keeps the hair from getting squashed and they come out with beautiful curls after a few months' hibernation.

For Felicity I use the largest size pink ones on top of her head, then grading down to the large size green ones for the rest of her hair.

I did a wet set on my Josefina using LOTS of perm rods and it came out very pretty. Check my albums link in my signature for her album, if you'd like.