Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Since I was recently allowed back on eBay, I've been looking for a Kirsten whose hair is in bad shape to turn into a Stirling. I recently found a really adorable one who is in excellent shape save for the rat's nest of tangles that is her hair. She's selling very cheaply and my mom has allowed me to get her.

BUT as soon as I saw her picture in the description my heart melted and I wondered (if I win her) if I should just give her the Downy Dunk and keep her as a Kirsten instead of cutting her hair and turning her into Stirling. I've always loved Kirsten, but I REALLY REALLY want to have a Stirling if they don't make one when Kit's movie rolls around. What should I do?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 08:33 PM: Message edited by: kitswift22007 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm.. I would keep her as Kirsten, and keep watching for a perfect Stirling. It is quite a while until Kit's movie will be out anyhow. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you win, let her tell you. I know it sounds silly, but you'll know when you see her whether she's Stirling or Kirsten.

But...anyway, you don't want a Ruthie doll? If you want Stirling, you must not. AG won't make two friend dolls...if they did, they'd have made Linda and Susan for Molly.

horselvr2

Do Kirsten. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another thing, remember, American GIRL doesn't make American BOYS. And if you have wanted a Kirsten for a while I would keep her as a Kirsten, American_Mommy is right you should keep watching for the perfect Sterling. And doesn't Sterling have brown hair?

HTH! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Nichole [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, if Kirsten's hair can be salvaged, make her Kirsten! (Were you planning to rewig for Sterling? You can always get another blue-eyed doll--if he has blue eyes--for rewigging. Maybe even one with dark hair? I THOUGHT he had dark hair...)

thepidget

I checked Book 1 from Kit's story collection... It describes Stirling as having "colorless hair." I guess that must mean he's a very pale blond? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, now that I bother to look, on the cover of Kit's Friendship Fun, he has a light brown hair. although, black is sometimes considered to be not a color, so I suppose all interpretations of the color are OK. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Stirling is described as having colorless hair not because his hair is without color but because there is nothing remarkable about it. Not really brown, not really blond, not at all eye catching or noteable. Kit doesn't care for Stirling at all when she meets him and that definitely comes through in the description. However, he's in some of the illustrations so it shouldn't be hard to determine (Kits books are in DD's room and she's in bed so I can't look just now).

As was stated earlier-- it is American GIRL and I would be shocked and extremely disapointed if they made Stirling instead of Ruthie. First, Ruthie is Kit's best friend. Beyond that, Pleasant Roland was once asked something along the lines of "Pleasant Company makes such nice things for girls, why don't you make toys for boys?" and her response was "the world is full of things for boys." It would just be so wrong for them to make a boy doll. PM and Mattel, it has always been totally focused on girls and empowering girls to read, dream, and be the best they can be. I would hate to see that focus change. Just my opinion [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I want Ruthie SO BAD that if they didn't make her I would print up signs and rail against Mattel outside AGPNY. I've been thinking about making a Stirling for quite some time, since I want Ruthie more and the chances of them actually making Stirling are very slim. I decided that, of the girls available, Kirsten looks the most like Stirling. (Molly was a very close runner up, but Stirling's hair is lighter so... meh).

Anyway, I think I will keep Kirsten as Kirsten at least for a while. Thanks for the advice, guys. You rock!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast