Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been slowly falling for these dolls. [img]redface.gif[/img]

A few months ago I asked for your opinions on HSH, and they received nothing but five-star reviews. Now I have a few more questions I hope you all can help me with...

Is their hair rooted or wigged? Does it stand up to play well?

Where are they poseable?

Does their face paint scratch/dull easily? (Especially the eyes.)

Do they make good little sisters for 18" AGs or do their shorter/slimmer bodies make them seem a tad out of place?

Any suggestions on places to buy clothes for them? (I have seen some eBay sellers with wonderful selections.) Or does anyone HERE make clothes for them, and would be willing to help me create a special outfit?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. ^_^

(And incase you haven't guessed...yes, I do have a special project in mind. But it's a secret. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Nevtal:
    I've been slowly falling for these dolls.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That happened to us, too. We saw them a year ago at AGP and were not impressed. Now we really like them.

Is their hair rooted or wigged? Does it stand up to play well?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wigged, but thinner than AG hair. That's been fine for my 7 year old. We've only had our Skylar and Hallie for 6 weeks, though!

Where are they poseable?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm resisting the urge to make a smarty-aleck repsonse to this. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] Are you asking what parts move? They are jointed at elbows and knees, also move at shoulders, hips, and neck. Very flexible young ladies! They can sit pretzel-legged but don't stand well on their own at all.

Does their face paint scratch/dull easily? (Especially the eyes.)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not for us. I think they are pretty sturdy, painted eyes and all.

Do they make good little sisters for 18" AGs or do their shorter/slimmer bodies make them seem a tad out of place?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, for that reason I personally think they look a little odd as siblings. I'm sure others will differ with me on that one. They look better than Bitties as siblings, but not as nice as, say, My Twinn Cuddlies.

Any suggestions on places to buy clothes for them? (I have seen some eBay sellers with wonderful selections.)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just got our first outfit off an EBAY seller previously mentioned on this board. Quite impressed with her work!

(And incase you haven't guessed...yes, I do have a special project in mind. But it's a secret. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] )
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aw, would love to know! I've always thought they looked a bit elfin myself. Elfin, elvish? Anyway, they're cute girls.

(Editted to correct my mistake about the hair...doh!)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 16, 2006 10:36 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are very different than the 18in AG dolls, but still very cute. We have them all and really like them. They are unique and fun to play with.
    Cass loves playing school with them. They seem to be good play quality to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got my first HSH dolls in the mail the other day from an Ebay score, and I love them...they are so much cuter than they looked in the catalogue. But my question is...why is Logan so incredibly high priced on Ebay compared to the others? I have Gwen and Skylar, but would like more if she wasn't so hard to get!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The hair is not rooted, it is a wig. These are great dolls and I have no complants.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Stephanie is right...they are wigged. I don't know why I typed otherwise. Corrected my original post above.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI: The reason Logan is higher priced is that she sold out first and is harder to come by. Sort of supply and demand. I think blonde hair and blue eyes are usually higher in demand - why I don't know. Go figure. They are all cute.

What is a level 18 Jedi Master? Enquiring minds want to know....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hair: Yes, it stands up to play well. DD got Hallie and Logan when she was four and their hair is still in great shape (two years later). She has learned to do ponytails on Logan and has been working on braiding and the hair is still fine. (The ponytails are a bit messy but when she lets me play I fix that) [img]wink.gif[/img]

Poseable: knees, hips, neck, elbows and shoulders. They can sit criss cross applesauce and perch on the edge of a shelf very nicely.

Face paint: not a scratch after two years or heavy play.

Size: I think they are too skinny to be sisters to the 18" girls. Like Bitty is too big to be a baby sister, they're just a different scale.

I love to sew for these dolls. I've been meaning to make an album of outfits... one of these days. I'd be happy to work with you on a special outfit, PM me if you are interested.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! Thanks for all of the help, everybody. ^_^ It seems like they are very good quality dolls.

Hmmm, I think Hallie might have to join my girls around birthday time. ;D But the "project" I'm thinking of might happen before then...

I might be PMing you within the next few months, MuppetQuilter. =)

Originally posted by craftycarol51:
    What is a level 18 Jedi Master? Enquiring minds want to know....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, that's my ranking for the AG Jedi system. You can check it out here, if you'd like. ^_^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll be around. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just be sure to allow time-- I'm in charge of costumes for the school play this year....

You won't regret Hallie. Hallie and Sylar are my favorites. They've both got great hair (I have a thing for curly haired dolls).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast