Thread: A few questions regarding Jess...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

So here they are [img]smile.gif[/img] First off, I have mixed feeling on this doll, sometimes I think she is adorable, other times her nose seems to bother me. Im also not sure about her hair; the color is beautiful, but is it layered? I can't really tell in the pictures. Im asking because I am trying to decide if I should get her or not. Like I said sometimes I think she is cute, other times I feel very indifferent. But I also can't help but see her as a great investment regardless of whether I like the doll or not.

So for those who have her or especially those of you who have just seen her (you might be a little less biased [img]wink.gif[/img] what are your opinions?

And finally, simply out of curiosity, how well is Jess doing in sales compared to Marisol? Personally, I found Mari to be a prettier doll but I think Jess has a much better collection and story; and thats just going from the summary (I couldn't even finish Mari's book). And has anyone heard any rumors on the next LE? Thanks!

MickeyFan

Originally posted by *shortie*:
    So here they are [img]smile.gif[/img] First off, I have mixed feeling on this doll, sometimes I think she is adorable, other times her nose seems to bother me. Im also not sure about her hair; the color is beautiful, but is it layered? I can't really tell in the pictures. Im asking because I am trying to decide if I should get her or not. Like I said sometimes I think she is cute, other times I feel very indifferent. But I also can't help but see her as a great investment regardless of whether I like the doll or not.

So for those who have her or especially those of you who have just seen her (you might be a little less biased [img]wink.gif[/img] what are your opinions?

And finally, simply out of curiosity, how well is Jess doing in sales compared to Marisol? Personally, I found Mari to be a prettier doll but I think Jess has a much better collection and story; and thats just going from the summary (I couldn't even finish Mari's book). And has anyone heard any rumors on the next LE? Thanks!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow! Those are a lot of questions [img]smile.gif[/img]

1) Jess' hair is layered a little, but not so much that you can't style her hair in braids, ponytails, etc.
    2) I would say to go ahead a get Jess. If you don't like her, you can always return her or sell her after she is retired. Once retired, she will be harder to get. She is really adorable and much prettier than pictures ahow her to be.
    3) I have a Jess and a Marisol. Marisol is pretty, but I like Jess better because she is more of a normal girl. Marisol is too pretty if that makes sense. Personally, I love Jess and would recommend her.
    4) I don't know how well her sales are doing, but I would imagine as well as any of the other LE dolls. marisol supposedly sold well, yet there were lots of her for sale at Madison.
    4) Yes. I know what the next LE and historical dolls are, but can't say anything [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 24, 2006 01:44 PM: Message edited by: MickeyFan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MickeyFan:
    4) Yes. I know what the next LE and historical dolls are, but can't say anything [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

[img]rolleyes.gif[/img] You evil, evil woman!! LOL I'm just kidding. Thanks for the info and thoughts!! Much appreciated [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 24, 2006 01:50 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww c'mon? Where did you find out? I think I know what the next friend doll is, but everyone might already know that LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the next historical is Emily, almost everyone here has heard that information. I think I know where you found out, but since you aren't allowed to say anything about it, we should respect that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MickeyFan,
    How very brave of you to admit what you know! I'm jealous but I have heard some of the HB rumors so I will be satisfied for now.

Shortie,
    I've read several times on the board that if you are even a little interested in a LE and have the means to get her while she's current that you should. You can always return her or sell her later and you won't be out any money other than shipping if you choose to return. I don't recall ever reading that a board member regretted getting a LE doll even if they ended up not keeping her but I have heard a lot of people regretting that they didn't.