Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    DH is going to a backgammon tournament in LA the weekend of June 9, 10, and 11th--he says if he can find a good airfare, he'll take me, too, and I can go to AGPLA!!! WOOOOOT! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

EXCEPT, of course, it all depends on airfare specials, which are hard to find these days...
    But if they are to be found, DH will find them--that man is an experienced air traveler AND a computer wizard. (I tell people he can make a computer do anything but jump through hoops... Ladies, tell your DD's to marry software developers--they can build, maintain, program, upgrade, and fix your computers, as well as make them do everything but jump through hoops! [img]smile.gif[/img]

So, IF I go, who wants to meet up at AGPLA?!

My dream is to have lunch at the cafe with prasnlrd! Wouldn't we have a BLAST?! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

(prasnlrd--if I make it, you reserve the table, and I'll call ahead for the forklift!) [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 24, 2006 10:01 AM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooo! Yay! I'd love to meet you if you make it out here! I had a wonderful time at AGP on Thursday, and I'd love an excuse to go again. We could get a group of all the CA hostboard members and all go. EEP! I hope you can find good airfare. Southwest is my friend. They tend to have lower prices, and I've always been treated well with them.

Good luck; let us know asap if it works out. [img]wink.gif[/img]

prasnlrd

Robin! Heeee-Hawwww!!! Name the date and I will be there to met you girl! I see JanieNicole already says she will be there. I met her when she was there Thursday April 20th. I found out that she does not live too far from me either!! HA!!!! Hey JanieNicole!, we can catch the train down together HA! Heeeee-Hawwwwwww!!!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/plane.gif[/img] Robin & AGPLA [img]graemlins/plane.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DH's tournament is at a hotel next to the airport--he says there's a train station at the airport, so:
    I would be taking the hotel shuttle to the train station, and a train to the bus station(?) and then a bus to as close to AGPLA as I can get. I think.

Oh, boy. Help me out here, prasnlrd; it would break my heart to go all the way across the country, and not be able to FIND AGPLA!!! [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

prasnlrd

Originally posted by AsianAG:
    DH's tournament is at a hotel next to the airport--he says there's a train station at the airport, so:
    I would be taking the hotel shuttle to the train station, and a train to the bus station(?) and then a bus to as close to AGPLA as I can get. I think.

Oh, boy. Help me out here, prasnlrd; it would break my heart to go all the way across the country, and not be able to FIND AGPLA!!! [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok,....once you got to the Downtown Union Train Station, you would take the Redline (subway) to Pershing Square, get off the train and take the #714 Metro Bus going west. Do noy worry Robin, as the day gets closer, I will make sure you understand this. I will try to arrange my train schedule so that we meet up at Union Train Station and take the subway and bus connection over there together. No problem and Heeee-Hawwww!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] AGPLA in June!!! [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

BTW: The people who work at the train station, commuters, and Station security all are very helpful. Hey! I did not have a clue and they all helped me. I thank God that they were all there! Heee-Hawwwww!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anymore news on the possible trip? [img]smile.gif[/img]

thepidget

This sounds like a neat idea and I would like to come if I have the time. Let us know if you can set up a meeting date (preferably Saturday/Sunday?)... Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For me, it would have to be Saturday (would be flying in Friday night, and flying out Sunday), IF we get a good fare.

We could just wait until the last few days for a possible E-Saver, but that's very chancy and last-minute. I like to have things settled in advance!

Well, we'll see what we'll see.... [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]