Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh congrats, there's still time, the baby could move but don't worry about a c-section. My girlfriend had 3 and was a little sore after each but you're right-no labor. I love new baby smells and new baby breath and new baby toes-I could go on and on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations! I love babies and am sad my baby is now 4. I love the name Katie. Our 2nd oldest is named Caitlin and was called Caiti for many years until she asked to be called Caitlin. And how lucky you have many more years to shop AG and claim it is for your daughter!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 06:33 PM: Message edited by: mominwestlake ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on your third girl! I'm so happy for your family!

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my opinion, it's still way too early to worry about the baby's position, because you still have 8 weeks to go (right?), and I suspect that she's still moving around a lot. But if you want information about how to get the baby into a better position naturally, in the meantime, please email me. All the ideas that Nicole J mentioned usually work very well, plus there are some others. I had one mother's baby turn from bottom down (breech) to head down (vertex), a whole week after her due date, all by itself, and the baby was 8 1/2 pounds! So it's never too late to work on it and hope.

Actually, it sounds to me as though they might have just caught her in the act of turning from a breech to a vertex position, all on her own! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Also, a scheduled C-section has higher risks for the baby, both short-term and long-term (effects that can be seen even at school age), than a C-section that is done after labor has started, under most circumstances. I can also tell you more about that, too, if you email me.

In the meantime, have fun with this cute little life! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Joy (RN, midwife-assistant) [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 30, 2006 11:54 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone.
    Joy, I am sure you are right. I need to think of what's best for the baby.
    I will be talking things over with my Dr. on Thursday. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on your third daughter! Katherine is a great name, it goes really well with Nicole and Cassie's names. Congratulations again! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you interested, I have a copy of a study that compared the motor skills of three groups of elementary school-aged children. All three groups had been breech babies. One group had been born by C-section with no labor. One had been born by C-section after some labor. And one had been born in the usual way. Both groups with labor had motor skills that were virtually the same. The one with no labor had some differences. Labor contractions apparently help babies mature their central nervous systems. There are a very few situations in which you can't wait for labor to start, for health reasons, but those are very few (I can think of only one or two that can't be dealt with naturally).

Joy

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 06:07 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL! I can't wait to see how long your name is when you add this baby's name to your board name!! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow!! I never knew that Joy. Sure I would be interested in reading that article. Thanks.

LOL!!!!! I think I better change my board name altogether!!! That would be a long one!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

prasnlrd
    Heeeeeeeeeee-Hawwwwwwwwwwww!!! Yaaaaaaaaa and Yipppeee for "Cassienicoleandkatherinesmom"...WHEW! Long isn't it! HA!...Well it could be "Cassienicoleandkatiesmom" too.

I am very happy for you, your family, and that Bitty morsel! It has been a lot of fun watching your daily ticker!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast