Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarah or Harriet?

ButtercupFlibble

This is assuming they make a movie for Addy? (I wish they would, but it looks rather doubtful to me.)

I'd actually rather see Harriet just because it'd be so much easier to make a Sarah doll (get an Addy, get a short curly wig from Monique's, and the outfit she's shown wearing in the books is much simpler to make than any of Harriet's).

Harriet has some lovely dresses in the books and I like her character, really. Sure she's a brat, but I think a tenative friendship was forming by Addy Saves the Day and the book could be about Addy and Harriet going to the ICY. Perhaps it'd be more sympathetic from her perspective (insecurities, etc). Connie Porter is probably the best writer AG has used and I think she could pull it off.

emsmombuysdolls

They better not make a Harriet doll [img]wink.gif[/img] I bought AGOT26 just so she could be Harriet--she's a good one, too! I would have to change the new Harriet's name to Sarah. I would like to see a Sarah doll. The friend's don't have a big collection anyway. Sarah could get a few hand me down dresses from the dress shop and then her work clothes. I would like to see an AA doll with shorter hair--something different. I *really* like the idea of her coming with little holes in her boots and newspapers to stuff them with, but I know AG would NEVER do anything like that. I guess I will just have to get my scissors out and chop up some Our Generation boots. I could never destroy actual AG merchandise.

MickeyFan

I would like to see Sarah. She was the epitome of what a true friend is unlike Harriet. I'm not sure how AG would get around the issue that she was poor, but I am sure they would find a way like they did with Nellie. Not that I like Sarah being poor, but if AG would make her like she really was in the books, it would make her more accurate and give people an idea of what times were really like during the time right after the Civil War, both for people in the North and those in the South. Even though she might not have all the beautiful fancy clothes that Harriet would have, she could have a lot of great accessories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12