Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah or Harriet?

Friendship Cake

Question

This is a question about when Addy gets her movie. Who do you think her friend doll will be?

Sarah is her true BFF in the stories. Sarah is also very poor and has short boys hair.

Harriet was an early friend until Addy saw she was just using her, then became an enemy. She later became a friend again after Harriet's Uncle was killed during the cival war, she Addy and Sarah all became friends together. Hariet is rich with fanciful clothes and long ringlet hair.

Now, I think Sarah should be her friend, since she is her closet friend in the book, and I'd really love the accessory of Sarah's too big boots that have holes in the sole that she stuffs full of newpaper to have fit (and sometime soak up the rain *smiles*) but since Emily was made Molly's friend even though she wasn't her BFF, I think maybe Harriet will be the friend doll because she could have a fancier wardrobe and long hair.

I'd love the short hair Sarah for me, but I think if they ask around people will say they want long hair better. I wont be sad if Harriet is her friend though. Because even though she and Addy werent friends all the time, they did become friends.

So my vote is:

Sarah is who I want.
    Harriet is who I think I'll get.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Addy's Freedom ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm really hoping for Sarah! And I think that there's a good chance that Sarah will be her friend doll (If she ever gets a movie), because I think that Harriet would look to much like JLY (AGT)#26. My #26 has played Harriet a couple times, so if someone wanted Harriet they could just get #26.
    So I'm really hoping for Sarah.
    Plus, I really love the name Sarah, and have purposely held back from calling any of my other dolls that, just in case Sarah was Addy'a friend doll.

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love for it to be Sarah but I think it would be Harriet. I have to admit an Addy doll with very curly hair would be gorgeous!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I adore the Sarah character in the books and will not buy a Harriet doll. I'm sure she'd be lovely, but I grew up poor and I'd seriously rebel against buying a doll that AG chose to make because they didn't want a poor girl with short hair. I think that's terribly mean to poor Sarah's character, and sends a message that I just don't like.

Sarah is a constant friend throughout the books. She's a good kid, she's kind and considerate and a hard worker. She's forgiving. She has so many wonderful attributes. Also, not all kids want the "rich" doll. When I was a kid and the original three came out, I wanted Kirsten BECAUSE her clothes were simple, plain, and I related to her story of economic struggle more than Sam's or Molly's. Furthermore, lots of little girls have short hair and perhaps they would want a doll that looked more like them.

I vote for Sarah. If it's Harriet, I'll probably buy clothing and accessories if I like them, but not the doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sarah wouldn't necessarily have short hair-look at Emily. Adding 2 years to the book for a Friend's story could add some hair to Sarah just as it did for Emily. Very likely with AG.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd prefer to see Sarah as well. If she does get made, I suspect we'll see a longer-haired version of her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd rather see Sarah, but think we'll probably get Harriet. If not, Sarah will probably undergo a positive change in fortune so her clothes can be nice. I love that Sarah isn't rich (EDIT to add: I think it makes her more interesting and realistic; if she were a real girl I'd wish she got fabulously wealthy [img]smile.gif[/img] ). But on the other hand, what does it say if the ONLY girl AG makes who isn't rich and who has patched clothes happens to be black? I can see where that would be a challenge...so I don't know what they'll do. I'd suspect Harriet, UNLESS, a bunch of LITTLE GIRL Addy fans is very upset over that idea. (They don't care so much about adult collectors, who, judging from this board, seem perfectly capable of making their own dolls out of AGs anyway, with real haircuts, rewiggings, the sewing of clothes, etc.)

But if the GIRLS wanted Sarah, Mattel might have to figure out a way to bring the girl to doll form without offending.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 30, 2006 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think we'll see Harriet. Hey, AG won't make Linda or Susan, Molly's true friends, so I don't think Sarah will be made. I think Sarah should be made, though, because I've always loved Sarah.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I second on Harriet. Though it would be better with Sarah.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wish for Sarah. She is a good friend even though she may not have the great wardrobe like Harriet.

Too bad that both girls just couldn't be made. That would be the best because I know that I would enjoy having both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast