Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Hello, all. I am trying to figure out where I can buy a gently used, but in good condition AG doll for a decent price. My daughter has Elizabeth and a AG Today doll, and would like a friend for them,(doesn't really matter who) but I would rather not have to spend $87 for another new one!!!! (I know, I'm cheap) I am always so wary of the EBAY auctions. How do you all go about this or should I just buy a new one? THANKS!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 06, 2006 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Lailim ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi and Welcome!!!!!
    Unfourtantely, Ebay is probably the best and usually only way to get a "cheap" AG doll,unless you get lucky and find one on a garage sale or a local consignment/thrift store.
    Sometimes prices can go high on Ebay and it can be more worth it to buy a new doll, especially if there is a free shipping offer from AG or 10% off code.
    It is possible to get a good deal on Ebay though, you just have to do alot of looking and watching. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Good luck!!!!!!
    Edited to add: Sometimes HB member sell or trade dolls on this board and that can be a great way to pick up a lovely AG doll.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 06, 2006 08:38 AM: Message edited by: cassieandnicolesmom ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How much do you want to spend? On ebay, the better the doll the higher the price, generally, but it's also very "buyer beware"--you have to ask all the right questions.

Many board members will occasionally post dolls for sale on the board. I have a couple of fixed-up fixer-uppers that I offered not too long ago--no takers, so I was going to list them on ebay, but haven't had time yet.

Here are the links to the albums, if you're interested. If you want one, just PM me.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2106231228

Now called "Rescued Felicity", the former "Spooky Felicity" has a longer story, so here are her THREE albums--

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2109256425

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2109254948

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2109254948

I'm asking $60 plus actual shipping for each doll--anyone interested please PM me, and it's first-come, first served.

If there are no takers, I'll be listing them on ebay after I get back from my AGPLA trip next week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got a Pre-Matel AGOT doll for sale right now. She has dark brown hair and blue eyes and is in fairly good played with condition. You can PM me if you'd like details! -- Meg B.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have bought dolls from few members on the board, and have always be very, very pleased with these dolls. I just bought a second doll from Meg (Stebbarry), not the one she listed and her dolls have been in great shape.

Like you after a few ebay buys I'm afraid to buy any more AG dolls unless it's a board members auction.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for your input. After thinking it over, I decided to go ahead and get my DD a new doll. I bought Jess's Starter Collection! - I'm SOOO bad!!!! [img]eek.gif[/img] I'll give the doll and book to my DD right away, but save the rest for Christmas!