Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A notice appeared in one of the Yahoo doll groups about four years ago and I came on over. Aside from a particularly rocky period, this board has been a wonderful place for this AG and AG-wannabe clone doll collector.

Taffy

horselvr2

I also think I might have found it from SOAGC, but I don't really remember...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I belonged to a Freebie board where someone had asked a question about AG dolls and coupon codes, and someone posted this link. I think I lurked for a month or two before actually joining.

I was so happy to find this board and learn all about Jess before she was released (since she ended up being DD's first 18" doll). I still read the board everyday, but now that we're back in school (we homeschool) my computer time is pretty limited so I don't post much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found it from the SOAGC page which I found by googling American girl, it was 3 years ago (wow time flies), My daughter had seen the catalog at my nieces bday and wanted a doll, so I was trying to find info like reviews to see if they were worth the money and which ones girls liked better that kind of stuff.

joelanddeborah

Well I also was Googling and found the Society of American Girl Collectors, and through that, starting looking at Meg's guide to collecting, and through that, got to this board.
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found SOAGC through googling American Girl dolls and coming up with several AG fan sites like Emily's. I was fascinated by the idea of traveling dolls and the fact that there were older AG collectors. So I posted on the board and have been hooked ever since!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was doing a search for AG message boards and this site came up! I was sooo thrilled, I don't know anyone except for my sister & I that collect these dolls. I joined up a few days later after finding this message board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found it by googling retired Felicity items. It was at the time when AG just started removing Felicity things from the website and catalogue. I was trying to figure out what was going on and why e-Bay prices for Felicity's green riding habit had sky-rocketed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123