Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you bid against board members/ friends?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't intentionally bid against board members, either.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 27, 2006 10:03 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

thepidget

I wouldn't intentionally bid against other HB-ers. Then again, though, I don't always check to see who's bidding--if I like something, I usually bid without checking the bid list. Also, I don't know a lot of people's eBay names either.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Taffy , I don't buy from ebay alot , but when I do I almost always use a siper service, with 4 kids I have way too busy of a lifestyle to watch multiple auctions all day.

Felicity_Fan85

I don't buy from ebay a lot but if I do, it's not on purpose; I'm not good at remembering members' IDs on ebay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I frequent Ebay a lot, but usually just bid on stuff that I want personally -- not to resell it. Plus, I usually use an auction service like Esnipe, so I don't know who I am actually bidding against. But no, I would never *intentionally* bid against an HB member, but I don't know anyone's Ebay name, anyway. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Addy's Freedom:
    If I wanted to bid on something in the first place, it's because it;s something that I really wanted. I don't care who else is bidding, I will still bid my maximum, if I win I win, if I lose I lose. Knowing someone else who is bidding shouldn't even have anything to do with it. You both want it and both should try and win it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I feel this way too -- fair is fair. And like Taffy, I use esnipe all the time, so I don't even pay attention to who is bidding on an item.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have on one occasion byh accident. We were both bidding on an Addy, and I had placed my highest bid before I had to run an erand, and by the time she relized she was bidding against me (my HB name and Ebay ID are very similar) and the bid had reached her highest (which was a little higher than mine) I still wasn't home to increase my bid. After the auction, I e--mailed her to congratulate her on her new Addy, and there were no hard felings. I even e-mailed her recently to ask how her new Addy was and to let her know I did end up getting my own Addy from AGPT.
    I am avoiding Ebay a little bit, but constantly curise the Want It Now oists, and have helped several people get replacement parts. One person was willing to pay $20 for Kit's Meet Barette, adn I e-mailed her and told her she could get it from AG for $2. I am hoping that my good deeds do not go unnoticed and that someone will spot a great deal for me one day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First, it's not like I intentionally bid against anyone, but I hardly know anyone's eBay ID. And, second, it's not like I even go on eBay that much. I ONLY bid if it's something I really, really want, and like the last time I won something, it was only because a HB member PMed me the auction. And, yes, fair is fair. I'm not very good at eBay so I usually lose. Like over the summer when I lost the Earth Day outfit by one dollar! Big deal. I was sad, but then I got over it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know really that I have (I've only bought about 10 things), but I would. If I'm willing to outbid a member or friend, I think I should be able to without feeling bad. Maybe someone else would have out bid them anyway. Say- they bid $30, and I was willing to go $40, maybe someone had a snipe in at $35. If I hadn't bid the member wouldn't have gotten it and neither would have I. What fun is that? Plus if I know a member was looking for the same thing I was, after I got mine I'd alert them to other auctions- who knows, maybe they'd even end up with a better deal than me.

I think that's the nature of the beast with e-bay. Bid what you're willing to pay and see what happens!

emsmombuysdolls

I really try to stay away from ebay. The up side to this is that I don't know anyone's name on ebay. I couldn't bid against them, even if I wanted to. If I actually do bid on something, it would be something I really wanted. In that case, highest bid wins, whoever it may be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast