Thread: Hooray, retired AG finds! (included in Kirsten's Adventures too)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not sure if this qualifies as a major score or not, but you can read the story in my album, and I'll put the approximate prices here. The 3 retired items my mom bought all cost less than they did back when they were new and available, and all four sets of patterns together were just slightly above what one set cost back in the day (although two ended up being copies; still a good price for 2 legit patterns, and I THINK they all have all the pieces!). Kirsten's new dress was not a bad price at all either, probably the price one would pay for a knockoff on eBay, and it was PM. And no shipping for any of it! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I didn't mention in the album, but the lady also had the box, stilts and pamphlet for Addy's Stilting Outfit, and was sure she had the dress as well...I really hope she finds it, because I think that's a gorgeous dress, and Kirsten agrees. [img]redface.gif[/img]

EDIT to add: http://www.juliestudio.com/kirsten/091606.html is the direct link...I'm still ages behind on uploading albums, I'm afraid, but this was all shot and uploaded today. Usually my albums are slightly wittier in part because I type them up, wait a day and reread/edit for humor, and then upload. [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 16, 2006 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i hate to be the bearer of th ebad news, but the shoes are not original to Molly's Tennis outfit. The real ones look like red Keds. Sorry! [img]redface.gif[/img]

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not shocked; they didn't look completely original, since they had a weird stamp inside (never mind that I'd never heard of AG shoes looking like stuff had been badly glued on). And I was too stunned at the price to be as vigilant as I could have been (never mind that I'm not a haggler). [img]redface.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="purple"><font size="4">Congratulations!</font></font> [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
    These were real good finds!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh you have the patterns! Lucky you! If you are willing to part with them temporarily, can I borrow them? The only one I have is Felicity's. My girls are mostly in modern clothes, unless they are in their original clothes, but are begging for more clothes. Addy is the timid one and hasn't asked for any clothes yet (she just wants the rest of her meet outfit), but the other girls are close to demanding. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    I do have 2 boys, but the only one allowed in my sewing room is my oldest son (he's 3 1/2) and he only wants to play with the dolls (Molly and Jack are his favorites).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on your new dollie clothes! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

MapleLeaf

Wow, you got some terrific outfits and patterns. I have Molly's tennis outfit and love it. I agree about the real buttons on her shirt instead of velcro. It's a nice touch. And as you guessed the shoes are not part of the outfit. Enjoy all your new stuff. I just love reading your stories.

Nia [img]biggrin.gif[/img]