Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi i need to know is the spa chair is worth getting??? Do the dolls sit in it ok??What is this about spa robe and accessories maybe going in to retirement?? Please help.

Sail-Away

Spa accessories are already gone from the website. People have posted that the dolls do not stay in the chair very well either.

I should have liked to have the accessories but didn't want to get the chair. Now that the accessories and chair are gone I figure I am not really interested in the robe set either.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter likes the Spa Accessories, but I thought they were a big waste of money. The facial mask is just a sticker. We were able to use it about three times before it became unsticky, and then it ripped. The toe nail polish decals are good for a one time use, and they don't even stay on well. The slippers are made of something like fun foam. The bottle of nail polich is a plastic bottle exactly like one that came with a cheap play makeup set we got at the dollar store. The cucumber slices and the gel eyemask are the only things in the set that are interesting.

courtneysunshine

Smile

I would agree with everything ubarose said, but I would also add there wasn't a lot of play value to the set either. The fingernail polish that is really a bunch of stickers were used once and then left along because they were just too hard to restick onto their holder. As a whole, my daughter had the set out maybe twice and that's it. She just didn't care as much for it as she thought she would. It seemed ort of boring to me as well. On the other hand she has really used the spa robe and spa wrap.

If you really wanted to get the accessories and the chair, the stores probably still have them. I read in a post from this past spring that someone had the chair and it was very difficult to keep the dolls in the chair. They kept wanting to slide down and out of the chair. If you decide to get the robe set and go through the store, make sure you ask them to give you the same price as on the Internet.

Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kim

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 10, 2004 09:07 PM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone that really helped. We have changed our minds about getting the set it sounds like one of those things that is a good idea but a waste, Do you know anything about the bike??

courtneysunshine

We actually have two bikes. We ordered one and the helmet clasp was broken so they sent another set. We are still trying to see if our local children's hospital will accept it as a donation. The bike is really nice, but it is big and takes up a lot of storage space. The dolls fit very nicely on it and my daughter has gotten her Felicity to ride on it while holding it upright. She does say she had a problem with Felicity wanting to fall off when she rides, though. It is very nicely made. The helmet that comes with it I think is a different story. The clasp is very small and plastic so if you are not very careful in opening and closing it, you could break it. Overall, though, I think it is a good value for the price.

Hope this helps:

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got the spa robe, head thingie and slippers and they are really nice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how do the doll's legs work with the pedals on the bike. since they don't have knee joints i've always had a hard time picturing how the bike worked...

meg

courtneysunshine

Meg,

My daughter was able to keep her Felicity on, but not for any long distance. The bicycle is set up to be long enough so that the feet can go into the pedal strap. You are right. Because they do not have bendable knees, when you move the bicycle, the pedals do not move. We have a Barbie bicycle that is the same way. Barbie has the bendable legs, but they only bend if you bend them which you obviously can't do to simulate bicycle riding [img]smile.gif[/img]

My daughter wanted the bicycle mainly for taking Felicity with us when we go biking. So, the bicycle I guess is mainly for show than use [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope this explains things a little,

Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Kim,

well, yeah, to be honest, I'd much rather have gotten the spa acc on sale and not full price, OR felt rushed to order them when they disappeared from the catalog. It's like the baking acc (I think they originally listed for $22 or up!) and I think that would've been way to much for them, although they are adorable. I just appreciate them much more since I only paid $8 on sale, and $6 on sale for her friend.

Since I ordered so much recently from the sale AGOT pages, I am also now sticking to the historicals, at least for the next 6 weeks till we go to Chicago. I'm afraid that the matching Grecian outfits are going to be screaming my name! I found that the sale pages are very reasonable to me and that's about the only way I'll buy for AGOT. But, I do like that bowling outfit too! Any idea how long that's been out?

Laurie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast