Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After taking a 1 1/2 year break from sewing doll clothes (Felicity's Christmas dress did it to her!) my mom has agreed to sew Molly's tennis outfit for me for Christmas. It doesn't seem like a big deal since I know how to sew now, but she sews clothes very slowly and as nice as store-bought.

I was wondering what color stripes the material has? Meg's guide's photo and Curt Danhauser's photo are probably clear enough for help in sewing the outfit, but are there are any other photos online that would show the coloration better? She likes to have large photos to look at since she has to adapt patterns. If there aren't any photos, would anyone with the outfit be willing to let me know what the stripe colors are?

Thank you so much for your help! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 10, 2004 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only person I know that owns Molly's Tennis outfit is Rachel, maybe she can help you with the design and coloring! Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have the outfit and can take close ups of various parts and sides. just let me know what you need..

meg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have it, and my Molly is wearing it right now. I would offer to send giant pictures of it, but my mom has the digital in Arkansas. She should be back tomorrow and I could take all the pictures of the outfit that you need, if you want me to.

The stripes are green, blue, yellow and a salmony-type red. The shirt has three little red buttons, and the overskirt has 5. And they really button! The pocket on the shirt has the stripes going horizontally instead of vertically, and that makes the pocket "pop out". The shorts have a single V-pleate on the front pf each leg with a side opening of velcro. They're a bit large on my '94 Molly, which makes me wonder if the '97 Molly was really fat. The shorts are also very wide around the leg and look more like a skirt.

Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have it and would be willing to send you detailed photos, just pm me if you still need them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, thank you all so much! I think Grapedy's explanations are enough for her to go by, along with the photo in your guide, Meg, and also Curt Dunhauser's photo. I really appreciate this...I know I'm asking about the fabric colors early (Christmas gift!), but I'm afraid this type of material will be seasonal and needs to be purchased during the summer.

Thanks again! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]