Thread: MAJOR LIFE CHANGES AFFECTING COOK BOOK & TIME SPENT ON THE BOARD

rolloverrover

Exclamation

I am going back to school in the fall. I will be a part-time student but will be taking about 9 credits a quarter and finishing up in two years, perhaps three if I add on an additional element. I really don't feel like I can give proper emphasis to the cook book project since I am going to be so busy with part-time school, part-time work and full-time family duties.

If anyone else is interested in taking over the cook book project, let me know. Otherwise, I could just package up all the recipes received and we they could travel to those interested - once somebody looks through them and gets the ones they like, they could get sent off to the next person.

In all that is going on in my life, something has got to give, and the first thing to give is the cook book project. I'm sorry to have to quit working on it. If there's anyone else who wants to take over, please do let me know.

I am also not going to be postiing much on the board in the future. My interest in AG is not waivering at all. I just need to work on my priorities.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 11, 2006 10:26 PM: Message edited by: SugarMagnolia ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Nancy,

Congratulations on the return to school! I think the passing the cookbook on idea is a fine one. I would love to get the recipies and copy down the ones I like. I would be more than willing to pass it on as well. Might I suggest making 2 copies if at all possible, just so if one gets lost we're not totally sunk? I'd be happy, too, to chip in a couple of bucks to make a second copy.

Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for letting us know. Just today I was trying to find the recipe I wanted to contribute. Still have not found it but my Mom is looking to see if she has it somewhere. Anyways it is a great idea and I appreciate you getting it off the ground. Even if it never happens it has gotten us all thinking about and getting out our favorite recipes and I thank you for that. Good Luck with all you have going on.
    Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy, Congratulations on the upcoming schooling! That's great! Thanks for all the work you put into the cookbook so far. Do you have all the recipes in a word processor file? If so, perhaps we can pm you our email address and you can collect all the email addresses. Then all you have to do is send the whole file to all of us at once. That way, everyone can pick and choose which recipes they want to print up.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy, Congrats! You will be missed on HB, but hopefully you can come on every once in awhile for updates!

Jessica

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We'll miss you, Nancy; but I so understand your reasons for cutting back! I went back to school as a Mom with young children - it's a tough row to hoe, but a great experience!

Originally posted by JuliaAM:
    ...perhaps we can pm you our email address and you can collect all the email addresses. Then all you have to do is send the whole file to all of us at once.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second Julia's idea!!!