Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hi, all. I just got Molly's Miss Victory Costume in the mail with the rest of my order. It wasn't at all like I expected. I remember pictures of the old, retired one having a separate skirt. I assumed that this one was the same, since the description listed the skirt separately and didn't list the bloomers that go underneath. But the top and skirt are attached, along with the aforementioned bloomers/panties to go underneath the skirt. Didn't the old one have the top and bloomers as one piece, with a removable skirt? I thought it used to look like it was made that way in the little inset picture they did on Molly's Winter Story page near her other winter pasttimes. Or am I just remembering the costume they sold for girls? And why would AG list the skirt as a separate item when it's not? That was rather misleading, IMO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The old one, I THINK, was one piece. Here's what my 1994 Catalogue says: "But she especially loved to go to tap-dance class so she could wear her sparkly Miss Victory costume with it's matching pants and shiny star headbang." From that, I always assumed the dress was one piece with bloomers that were separate.

I don't have either, so I really have no idea, lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ah, okay. It probably was the matching Girl's costume that I was thinking of, then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, it wasn't too misleading, except they usually put the items included in bold print, so the matching skirt really shoultn't be in bold print, since it's just part of the rest of the costume. I did some more research- it was definately the Girl's size costume I must have been thinking of.