Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, today was the first day I took one of my dolls in public. This morning while I was getting ready for work I packed Molly into a roomy backpack and headed into the fabric and craft store for a crazy day of work. Molly stayed hidden under the cutting counter until my lunch break, and then she was on display until I left to come home. This adventure had a purpose, I was trying to make sure I got the right scale gingham for a Dorothy costume I am getting ready to work on. Molly was a good sport and modeled her black tank and denim skirt that I made, and dealt with the oohs and ahhs over her and the outfit.
    I thought I would get some werid looks, but I didn't see any.
    After work I stopped by another craft and fabric store to pick up a new pattern (we didn't have it in stock and I really wanted it). Molly was once again in the backpack along with all my goodies from work ( I didn't wnat to leave anything ungaurded in the car), Molly was a good sport and didn't complain. She even helped me remember the pattern number. (For those who are curious the pattern is for a chef, naval office, and my 6th ballerina).
    Surprisingly all went well today and I will have to take another doll to work next weekend to get the red gingham for a Little Red Riding Hood costume. I think I will take Felicity, but we'll see who behaves the most.

Here is a pic of Molly showing off our goodies:
    ed6aebda

-Jenifer

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, how fun for Molly, I bet she is excited for you to make something for her, I can see it in her eyes while she is standing around her new fabric. Good Luck and of course, please post pictures when you are done!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jenifer,

Glad that your first outing with Molly went so well. I'm sure she had a great time too!

Now, you can't show us that photo without promising to follow it up with one of Molly in the Dorothy costume right? A Dorothy costume sounds really cute especially for Molly with her braids etc.

Happy sewing!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I solemy swear to post a picture of Molly modeling the Dorothy costume before it is sent to it's new owner. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on gathering your courage and taking Molly on a "field trip!" I'm glad it was such a great experience for you! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]