Thread: I'm home and with my old dollies again!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I have a cuddy sister doll- Brittany with the curly blonde hair and overalls. [img]smile.gif[/img] I also have 2 full-sized Twinns...how will I ever choose who/what to take??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AngieBelle,

Enjoy your time being at home in TN. How long will you be able to stay? I'm glad that you are enjoying your visit with your TN dolls. The My Twinn dolls sound neat. Do you have one that looks like you as a child? I've thought about ordering one to look like DD a couple of times, but haven't ever gotten around to it. In a way (to me) they seem a bit stiff and not as cuddly as the AG ones. What do you think?

I'm sure your girls in FL are missing you, but I'm sure they are doing fine. Just be sure to bring them back a souvenir or two from your TN visit.

Take care,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey all- I'm visiting my family back home in Memphis! It's great getting to see them all again, and I was so happy to walk into my old room after two years. While all my AGs are with me in Florida, the others were all waiting for me here- my MACs, my Twinns, my Just Pretends, most of my Disney dolls, etc. I'm in dolly heaven! Not to mention, several AG furniture items are still here such as Kit's desk, Felicity's bed and Windsor writing desk, and 3 nightstands. How on earth will I decide which items to bring back with me? I brought a half empty suitcase to put stuff in.

But now here's the silly thing. I miss my AGs! I almost had one tag along with me at the airport but decided against it because I knew I'd need as much room as I could get to bring stuff back and I knew I could play with my mom's AGs when I got there. With as many times as I've flown, though, I still hate being alone in an airport and wanted a doll to keep me company.

Yesterday, I took my mom's 1990 Kirsten and my sister's 1992 Molly and gave them both Downy dunks. They both look much better. My mom has Lindsay too, and to my surprise, she had been sitting in the living room wearing the same outfit she had on two years ago! Mom hadn't put her in anything else.

I'm sitting here with Molly right now, but I miss my girls who are waiting in Florida for me to come back. This is a lovely Molly, but since she doesn't belong to me, it's not the same.

Mom bought HsH Gwen when they dropped to $12. I had never seen one in person. Gosh, she's cute. I'm starting to wish I'd ordered one now, durned it.

I hate being torn between FL and TN. I've caught myself referring to both places as home.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do kids still fly free if they are in your lap? If so, you should be able to take a couple of dolls back with you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I can almost imagine myself in a plane with a My Twinn doll in my lap. [img]wink.gif[/img]

We are going on a road trip this summer and I wanted to take AG dolls along, but I know the car will get super hot whenever we park and it is a small car so the dolls would just make it that much more crowded. What to do??? Hmmm . . .

How about a smaller doll? I just received my My Twinn order of the Cuddly dolls. I am in love. They are SO cute and yes they ARE cuddly. They are bean bag dolls, yet they don't weigh very much. I took a short drive this evening to pick my daughter up from visiting friends. I took my new Cuddly boy doll along. He was very well behaved in the car and sat quite nicely on the dashboard handle. I see what you mean, because it WAS nice to have company. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I think I might take him along on our trip. He is even small enough that I can tuck him in my purse whenever we leave the car. Now I just need a name for him. Hmmm . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I miss my dolls when I go away too [img]frown.gif[/img]

I'm sure your girls are fine without you though. Mine actually seem to get excited when I leave... But as for what you would bring back I would recommend putting furniture or outfits in the suitcase (maybe your favorite piece of furniture) and carrying a doll or two on the plane with you. Since it seems like the Cuddly dolls fit in purses, you could probably get away with one of those AND a bigger twin. You could also have your family ship you the rest of the furniture. Your dolls back home will be extra happy when you come back with a friend or item they haven't seen in awhile!

mori

That is so sad. Do you think that you will ever be able to take them all home with you? I could never leave any of dolls. Here is a suggestion - do you think that you could box up your dolls for your mother to ship them to your home in Florida? That way you wouldn't have to keep leaving them all the time. You could leave the money for the shipment with your mother. Of course, depending on how many dolls you have you might want to break it down into groups of dolls to ship at a time. Then maybe you could mail your mother payments every month to ship them home. This suggestion may not work at all for you, but I thought I would go ahead and say it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a ton of dolls since I've been collecting since childhood and never got rid of any of them. Some of my oldest stuff is even up in our attic which just kills me but there isn't room. That's the other issue with bringing stuff to FL- I live in a one bedroom apartment which is already brimming with stuff I've accumulated since I moved plus all my AGs. I truly don't have any place to put more large dollies or more doll furniture. Kit and Samantha's beds are in FL, but Felicity's bed is huge so it's still here.

2 My Twinn
    2 MAC
    2 Global Friend
    3 Just Pretend/Stardust Classics
    over 50 Disney dolls
    a few CPKs
    A baby Madame Alexandar from Gramma on my 6th birtday

And those are just my favorites. I guess I need to buy more of those wire cubbies that I keep my girls in. I literally don't have any more shelf space. (and I'm still pining for Molly and Emily- geez)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm staying in TN for a wk. We are even spending a few days in Mammoth Caves just to do a mini family vacation like old times. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes, I have a My Twinn that's supposed to be me as a child, but they got the hair coloring too dark. I had sent them a sample of my hair, but I guess I chose from an area that was darker than the rest. She's a really pretty doll, but no one seems to think she looks like me. Yes, they do have stiff bodies, but because they are so large, they are fun to hug- especially with the wire joints because you can make them hug you back. One of these days, I might try again for a closer match. I'm keeping my eye out for a friend doll who looks like me since those are cheaper than the personalized one. My other Twinn is Ashley, the big sister that used to come with the cuddley sister Brittany.

13Pumpkins

Your post made me sad. How awful to have to miss your dolls! Enjoy them while you can! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]