Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which doll(s) have you fallen in love with that you didn't originally care for?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Lindsey...I was never interested until I purchased one for resell and I just could not let her go...She was and is still MINE!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly! When I first started collecting, Molly didn't call to me that much. (Except her table, I must own that!) But, I did decide that I liked her Scenes and Settings, because most of them would work for today dolls, and I bought it. After that, I thought it might be time to get a Molly doll, but she still wasn't on the top of my list. Next thing you know, I saw a beautiful WB Molly on eBay, and I won her. But when she came, I was afraid to play with her; I was too afraid that someting would happen. So, I put her aside, and hoped that I could find a cheap eBay Molly. As circumstances would have it, I bought a really cheap fixer-upper "Samantha" on eBay. When she came, she turned out to be a PM Molly. I cleaned her up, brushed her hair, and instantly fell in love! Now I am so scared that I won't be able to get all of her retiring items before they're gone, and she's my favorite girl to shop for!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kirsten! She has a really similar story as my ancestors, but I didn't really like her look or her collection. Then I saw a pattern that would make her a really cute dress and I kept thinking about her. I had a dream I found her in my basement and that was it. She's definitely on my list now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I vacillated back and forth about Kit a lot until I got her. Then it was all over from there. She is one of my favorites now, and her collection is awesome.

I managed to avoid the AGT line altogethr until a couple months ago. Now I have huge lists of all the current and retired outfits I want to buy! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I will also snatch up another AGT doll if they make one like #25 but with blue or grey eyes. And I'm considering Elizabeth for an AGT after I saw her in the Sightseeing outfit in someone's signature. She is lovely as a today doll, I just don't care for her at all as a colonial girl.

I wavered back and forth about Marisol until she retired and then of course I wanted her. But I got lucky and got a good deal on ebay, so she should arrive any day and I'm happy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've been wondering about the friend dolls. So far I have no official friend dolls. My worry is that if I get Nellie, who I kind of want, then I'll feel pressured to get Elizabeth as an AGT... and then every friend doll. I already have every historical. I didn't really want Molly, but I really like her as Lisbeth- she's cute in pioneer clothes- and AGT clothes too!

So, very looong answer condensed: yes. I've changed my mind plenty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Elizabeth - I even passed her up at AGPC when my grandparents offered to buy her for me. I don't know why, maybe because I have a lot of blond hair/blue eyed dolls already... but when I saw my friend's Elizabeth I knew I had to get her, so she's on my Christmas list.
    Samantha - EVERY one of my friends had Samantha when I was younger so I wanted a doll that was different so we wouldn't get them confused. But I had been wanting a Samantha just to be Marie's Princess friend and when Nellie came out my sister decided we should get them together. I almost got Nellie because she is so cute but I'm glad I got Sam as she is my absolute favorite at the moment! (Oh, that's not fair... I love them all...)

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lindsey... [img]frown.gif[/img] . It's too late now! WAAAAAAAAAAA!

For me also AGT #22, AGT #23, AGT #24. I didn't like them, and they are ALL now at the top of wishlist after seeing everyone's georgeous pictures of them [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Josefina. I fell in love with SandraDee's Traveling Josefina and she's definately on my wish list now.

AmericanGirlLover2982

For some reason I have fallen in love with Molly dont know why. I had a dream about her comign to life and what life like in 1944 and I now want Molly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's funny - I loved all the girls when AG first came out, but Samantha was by far my favorite...then a few years later I fell in love with Molly too. Of the three, I never really had much interest in getting Kirsten, although I loved her stories. That is, until last year when I saw an ebay auction for a white body Kirsten. I took one look at her face and was smitten. Now I absolutely love her. She is so sweet!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Josefina. I didn't care for all the earthy tones in her collection, and since I don't know much about Mexico and wasn't Hispanic I felt no connection.
    But I read her books and found out how sweet she was and shy. The more pictures I see the prettier I think she is.

Also the AGT. I never wanted one. I thought American Girl was going to mainstream trendy with them. Now I really want one because I have realized you can get more hair/eye color choices, and it's fun to create your own character.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast