Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Yesterday I visited a Junior League Thrift Store very near me for the first time. I didn't find anything I liked or could use for the dolls, the only thing I bought was an old White Sox Program for like 20c (I have a collection of Sox stuff from all the games I've been to).

Anyways, when I was leaving I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a box near the door with pamphlets to take about joining the American Girl Club. Not xerox copies but official full-color ones from AG with an official club preview CD-ROM inside. I asked them if they were affiliated with AG and they said they are part of one of their annual fundraisers every year. I also said "You do know that the AG Club is discontinued, right?" and she didn't. I told her they were discontinuing it on Aug 15 and not accepting any new memberships. She said thanks for telling her and I took a few pamplets for my AG scrapbook.

She also gave me a business card with a website on it and told me to check the website if I want to find out about the AG fundraiser. I did when I got home and it turns out they sponsor the annual AG fashion show, something I've never been to.

Still, finding out that a place you might visit has some connection to AG (even a remote one) is cool!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ June 30, 2006 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 30, 2006 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Polly Marie

Serendipity! How nice to know the Junior League sponsors AG programs for girls. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What exactly is the Junior League? I've always heard it mentioned, but never really knew.

Polly Marie

Colette, here is a brief summary of Junior Leagues:

http://www.ajli.org/?nd=aboutjl

Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info, it sounds like a great organization.