Thread: Question about manners

emsmombuysdolls

The relatives have just opened up to buying DD AG stuff for Christmas. I don't want to push things too fast. How does she politely ask for AG stuff and I offer to go pick it up without sounding greedy and rude? In the past, when they have asked her what she wanted for Christmas she just replied, "AG stuff". They told her they don't like to shop from catalogs and could she please pick something else. How does DD stress these are things she really wants without sounding like a brat? My feeling is if they are going to spend the $$, spend it on something that she is going to a)like and therefore treat better and b)might actually INCREASE in value as opposed to junk that breaks. I was thinking about offering to take them to lunch at the cafe and shopping. It sounds like a nice afternoon to me at least. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would probably say "I'm going over to AGP on Sunday to pick up some Christmas gifts, do you want to come with me and do some shopping and maybe get lunch? Or I could pick up some things for you if you want."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a good idea. My mom doesn't mind spending the money, she's just not a shopper so I always either order the items for her or give her some from my stash. This way my daughter gets what she wants and it's hassle free for my mom. Perhaps you could offer from your stash also. I don't think it's rude at all, you're taking pressure of holiday shopping off of them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have your daughter do a wish list from the AG site. You can email the wish list to them. I would make sure the wish list is not too long or pricy.

That way they can buy on line and ship to either you or them. Ag will giftwrap if they want. The pictures are great on line.

If they don't have a computer you could print the wish list and just mail it to them. The wish list has pictures of each item wanted and the name. Major helpful.

Got to love AG giving GP's.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Donna Cotterman

Not sure if GM is mother in law ... if so be sweet and introduce her to the dolls. If she is from the 40's she might like to know how wonderful these dolls are about teaching history with their stories. Molly is my soft spot but mother in law is into Williamsburg ... so Felicity. Find a doll that you think would touch your grandma's imagination.
    Then convert her to a AG Fan. Lunch would be nice but costly. Try, DD loves the fact that girls of Martha Washington's day wore their dresses over and over by changing accessories. This might be just the outfit for DD birthday.

Of course if grandma is very modern...go for the new items and colors that she likes. KC goes online with me and ...PINK... in all shades is the color. She shows me lots of things and we narrow the list until the giggles take over and then I have several things to choose from.

If you are close enough perhaps a grandma, grandpa lunch and polite "Wow, there is a new doll that I would like to add to my collection... or Wouldn't it be nice if I had matching outfits with my doll? (This one works with me as I always get new pictures)

Ok there's some suggestion. Give them a try.
    Good Luck. ^j^ Mrs. C.

emsmombuysdolls

Thanks for all your help. DD is currently reading Molly books and is excited because her great grandma actually built airplanes in WWII. I keep trying to get DD to ask GG questions and stuff. GG is going blind and deaf so ANY interaction she has with people is good. I was thinking about printing out the pics from the Emily premiere and send DD to work her grand daughter magic. "Did you have a perm kit like this?" "What did you use those clothes bags for".