Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, Melissa

Dancin'4'AG
    [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is something nice about selling your dolls to board members. I know that sounds stupid and little childish but I feel that board members are like people with their masters in AG care. I don't fear that they'll give a doll I loved to a child who will slaughter them with ink pens, make up, scissors, knives, pools, etc.

As for the religion aspect, I personally am a very religious person, but have never felt comfortable with public declarations that are drama filled. So I don't like people going on and on about religion even if it is my religion. If I wanted to talk theology I'd join the appropriate board. I joined this board because I wanted to talk dolls... so lets talk dolls.

On the same note I've never been offended with someone saying "God bless you" or "I'll pray for you," because well they really didn't tell me who they are praying to or who their God was (could be Zeus for all I know) and its a nice thought to think someone is going to keep you in their heart. But outside of small things that say "Yes, I have a set of religious beliefs" we don't need to share.

JenniferRobin

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter:

I know I should keep my mouth shut because I will offend someone, but I also appreciate the effort to keep the board more or less religion-free. I have noticed more posts with religious overtures lately and they do make me uncomfortable sometimes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No offense taken here. I feel the same way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JenniferRobin:
    [No offense taken here. I feel the same way.[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's easier to ignore a sticky than to scroll down to the second, third or fourth page in order to avoid threads I'm not interested in. I guess what bothers me is how fast the threads I'd like to follow up on -- like this one -- disappear and then I have to hunt for them.

I guess I would prefer to buy from fellow members instead of ebay but ebay is set up for this kind of activity and, as has been said already, this board isn't.

As for the religious angle, I'm one of the non-organized believers but I know from experience which members tend to express beliefs I'm not attuned to and I skip over their posts as a rule. I can't say I'm thrilled when my belief system is attacked but I'm used to it in a variety of contexts, not just this one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all your thoughtful responses. The moderating team will discuss the ideas presented and see if we can come up with something. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123