Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering how to tell if an outfit for one of the historical characters is premattel? I often see outfits on ebay for Addy or Kirsten, etc. marked pm but how do I know for sure? Thanks!

Donna Cotterman

Check the tag on the outfit. If it says Made in ... for Pleasant Company... and is before 2000 then most likely it is Pre Mattel. Anything saying Made for American Girl and after 2000 is probably made by Mattel.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Mattel tags say "Made In China for American Girl", and the Pre-Mattel ones say "Made In China for Pleasant Company".

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 11:57 AM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really? Most of my PM dresses say "Made in West Germany for Pleasant Company." What does that mean?

Donna Cotterman

Check the tag on the outfit. If it says Made in ... for Pleasant Company... and is before 2000 then most likely it is Pre Mattel.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I feel funny quoting myself, but the .... was for the following places that PM outfits were made. West Germany, Hungry, China... any of these with Pleasant Company and before 2000 have a good chance of being Pre Mattel. ^j^ Mrs.C.