Thread: Butterfly Table Partyware-how sturdy is the balloon centerpiece?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter is turning 5 this month. I was going to wait-but I can't anymore-and she is going to get her Jess for her birthday. I also got very lucky a few months ago-and got her a beautiful Eloise Doll Birthday Party (with cake, plates-lemonade pitcher, glasses, embroidered napkins, hat) set down from $40-$50 (can't remember) to $5 shipped. [img]smile.gif[/img] This was before I even knew she was getting her American Girl Doll. Anyway-I'm going to get the table for her also-so she can have a dolly party-but am still trying to decide about the balloon centerpiece with the partyware. I love the idea-but I worry about it holding up. She will be playing with her best friend all the time-who is her 3 year old sister. [img]wink.gif[/img] Now you see why I wonder about how sturdy it is? Any thoughts or other suggestions? Thanks!

Allison

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The balloons are a harder plastic so I think durability wise they are fine. The problem we have is they seem to be top heavy and topple over quite a bit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The set is on sale and have heard it is on its way to being retired.
    IMG 1278
    Forks, hamburgers, large plates,cookies, watermelon and candy did not come with this set.
    The placemats, plates, napkins, very cute. The little cupcakes, a child could swallow so I would not put them out. The balloons could be pulled apart and a young child could do damage. Again I would save for later or for special times with just you and your daughter. The 18" items are for older girls. The bitty and their toys are for 5 and above.

You might want to get a bitty baby for your girl and save Jess for later. The bitty's are so cute and the matching clothes for girls are darling. The accessories are made for little hands and about as cute as can be.

bitty 1
    bittytea
    The Samantha table and chairs (which you can pick up on ebay for a good price) work perfect for the bitties. The tea set you can get of ebay the prices go up and down. It is called the strawberry tea set. I have seen them sell for $10 - $50. Very cute.

And what little girl would not want this?
    crib 1

Sorry just my two cents.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info and especially the pics-Julianna (birthday girl) is sitting her going nuts over the party scene. She has Bitty Baby-and has had her for about 3 years now-complete with matching outfits. We love Bitty Baby around here. We'd gotten the cheap 18" Eurogirl slim doll as a trial run last Christmas to try out before I invested in an American Girl 18" doll for her-and she's more interested these days in her 18" dolly than she is in the Bitty Baby. She's getting to a stage where she enjoys the interaction with the actual dolls more than the babies. She's absolutely obsessed with birthdays/holidays-and has a party daily in her bedroom with her little dolly friends and animals. Also-she's half asian like Jess-and that's not an easy combo to find in a doll. [img]wink.gif[/img] Besides-lets get to the real reason she's getting her doll- mommy wants a dolly to dress with all these cute 18" clothes so I can get these boxes out from under my bed. lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

Allison