Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered SIlver eye. I'm pretty sure my Kirsten is developing it. I've heard both that it happen s over night and that's it's a factory defect that comes as is, but I've never really have heard for sure. I'm wondering if anyone knows has or has had my problem.

Okay, so the eye looks like there are two layers to the it with and a top later of the blue iris which has sort of paisly-teardrop shape cut outs with a layer of blue underneath. On the layer underneath, it looks like wrapped-wire is starting to slide out, overtaking the bottom blue layer, thus turning it silver. Even then you have to turn the doll a certain way and at this point, it's only on one eye.

If this is Silver Eye, I think, then, that it's a factory defect that devlops over time, though it's only slowly noticicable. I'm keeping my eye it (tehe), and if something drastic happens, I'll pass it on. I'm hoping that it doesn't though. I can't afford to get a head replacement *and* she's PM anyway so I don't particularly want one, but will seriously pinch a fit with CS if somrthing does happen. Unless of course, anyone knows a prevention or cause?

Felicity eye's can't do that at all, as they're made differently, stripes of green on a solid surface, though Josefinas are the same as Kirsten's, except brown. Not sure about any others as they're all I have.

EDIT: I'll try to take pictures in the near future, but my camera is MIA, so I need to borrow my dads, which means borrowing his compy, which is kinda a pain, but I'll work on that.
    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ July 29, 2005 11:56 PM: Message edited by: supernonamegirl ]</font></font>

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 29, 2005 11:57 PM: Message edited by: supernonamegirl ]</font>

Ashley1972

I sent 2 PM AGT3's in and received them back with new eyes only. American girl no longer just replaces the head. Now they try to replace the eyes first and if something rips, they will replace the whole head. For free.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

really? They will just replace the eye? That's awsome!!!

Inactive Member supernonamegirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info!
    It's really slight right now, but if it develops further I will send it in. Kirsten's my first doll so I'm really attached to her, and don't want a slightly different head, so it's good to know they'll just replace the eyes. .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

yeah, definitely wait until it's really obvious. My Addy got silvereye (1993 PM Addy), and with her dark skin, the silver seriously stood out, and she looked like the terminator. I'd never heard of silvereye before, so I called AG in a total panic. You have to know that I'm 20, but on the phone I sound about 5, and this was a couple of years ago so I sounded even younger. The CS rep probably thought I was a little girl until I said, "My Addy looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator!!" She must have been drinking coffee, because it sounded like she sprayed it everywhere. And she goes, "How old are you?" and when I told her I was 18, she cracked up and said I sounded much younger, and then told me about silvereye, lol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Silver Eye is considered a defect and is repaired by the hospital at no charge to you! So, if you do decide you want a head replacement, that is an option.

Just call CS and tell them her eye is turning silver, and they can direct you how to fill out the admission form. I had this happen to an AGOT - all we paid for was the shipping to the hospital!

Ashley1972

Mayergirl that's so funny! LOL!