Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I don't know if any of you remember this, but back in Fall 2004, I decided to change the name of Ann, my AGoT 7 to Ruthie because I desperately wanted a Ruthie doll. I had decided that she would remain Ruthie until AG released a Ruthie of their own because I'd have to have that one.

So, now I've decided to change her name back to Ann Louise. I don't want two Ruthies! And her nickname will be Anya because I think it is so pretty and would fit her.

I really hate to change doll names, but sometimes I just have to.

Just thought inquiring minds needed to know! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

I guess it will be next year this time, when AG will come out with a Ruthie doll. This will coordinate with the Kit movie which is rumored for next year also. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the name "Anya"! Great choice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand about Ruthie. I named my AGT 21 Rebekah, and now with the talk of a new possible historical named Rebekah/Rebecca being released I will have to change her name because I really don't want 2 dolls with the same name. I won't change it until I know for sure that Rebecca will be released.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She'll always be Ruthie to us and "Carolina" to the Italians, but I had a feeling you'd change her name, so I started calling her Ruthie Ann.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So can we now call her the traveling doll formerly known as Ruthie? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know she'll always be Ruthie, but even when I changed her name to Ruthie in the first place, to me she was always Ann. And since Anya is a version of Ann, I felt that the name would work for her. Like Ruthie and Carolina. But maybe I'll just name her Anya Carolina Louise. Some of my dolls do have two middle names anyway.

To further explain myself, having her name be Ann or Anya helps me remember her original namesake and my best friend, Anna, even though I'm sure Anna doesn't always remember me. Hey, we live in Virginia and New Mexico, but I still treasure our childhood.