Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, so I found out that an antique/flea store that I frequent near me had advertised on Craigslist that they had a ton of AG stuff. I knew that Brown*eyed Girl was bummed b/c a dollie deal fell through, so I told her about my plan to go check it out this afternoon since they supposedly had a lot of retired Bitty/AGOT stuff and told her about the sale in case she wanted to go check it out, too.

When I got there, there was still a whole bunch of stuff there, so I picked up the AGOT retired horseback riding outfit, Sam's undies and a PM Kirsten for a decent price. As I'm checking out, I ask the lady if a lot of people have bought AG stuff. She says "No, only one other person -- a really nice lady who said that a friend of hers might be coming in later today. That must be you, right?" I just started laughing. I was like, "Yep, that'd be me." She said, "I thought so, because both you and her sure seemed to know a lot about those dolls." That just cracked me up, since the lady didn't seem to understand why I was so interested in the AG stuff. I thought it was so funny how two HB members WOULD be the first people showing up to buy any advertised AG stuff, and how we knew more about the stuff than the people selling it!!!

After I checked out, one of the other sales ladies brought up a couple other dolls she wanted me to identify (since no one in the store knew much about AG). I proceeded to inform them about the differences between Mattel and Pre Mattel dolls, which ones were retired and when, etc, etc. It was so great!! I was giving them a little mini-AG lesson when a lady called the store asking about what they had, and the sales lady turned to me and said, "Well, you know more about these than I do. Do we have Lindsey and Kailey?" I told her no, she only had regular Today dolls and Molly (which was the truth, lol) [img]wink.gif[/img] and I thought to myself, "Heh, if Kailey and Lindsey had been here, we HB members would have been all over that like white on rice!" I wonder if it was anyone on HB on the phone . . .

Anyway, I just had to share that cute/funny little story of an antique store and two bargain hunting HB members. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh, and if anyone IS looking for any AG stuff, PM me and I'll tell you what's at the store. I'd be happy to pick anything up for you! I mean, what are enabling HB-ers for? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

PM'd you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's very funny! Glad you got some good finds, too! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe we were the only people to come for the AG stuff! I wish I would have run into you there, maybe next time. I told them about you when they asked how I heard abou the sale. I mentioned you and craigslist. Hopefully they will get some more items in soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know! I couldn't believe that the saleslady said we were the only two people to come look at the AG stuff. I was shocked -- I really thought everything would be gone by the time I got there!! Oh well -- more AG stuff for us! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

Great story! And you better clear out your message box. Expect a lot of PM's!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehe . . . yeah, it's a great store! And for any Georgia people who are interested, you can find the listing on craigslist.org when you click on Atlanta and type in American Girl under "for sale". It's the 3rd listing down. It's the only store! [img]smile.gif[/img]

jetaime

PM'd you!