Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

<center>Poppy</center>

<font color="blue"><font size="5"><center>In Loving Memory</center></font></font>

<center>This afternoon my Grandfather, Orlin L. Iverson passed away. He was born on Sept. 11th 1914 in Wildrose, ND, and would've been 92 next month. He married my grandmother Audrey in 1942, and a few months later was drafted into the army to serve his country during WWII. He achieved the rank of Staff Sargeant, and was a radio operator who landed on the coast of Normand on D-Day, and traveled with his until through France and Germany. After the war he and my Grandmother had three children. In 1957, David, the oldest drowned at age 11. My grandfather was a hard worker, and started his own refrigeration repair business when the children were young. Later on he became maintenance foreman for Oregon State University, and retired from there in 1977. After retirement, he spent much of his time in his shop tinkering, and could fix almost anything. When I was very young, I couldn't say "Grandpa", so instead I called him "Poppa." When I was about a year and a half, I started adding the letter "E" onto words, and he became "Poppy' which he will always be to me. As the oldest grandchild, I had a close relationship with both he and my grandmother who passed away in 1998. I hope they are now together in each other's loving arms. My life will never be the same with out them. </center>

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] I am so sorry to hear of your loss. The loss of a loved one is one of the most difficult hurdles in life. Just know that we are here for you during this time, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh Dee I'm so sorry to hear that. The memorial was truly touching, thank you so much for sharing that with us. I can tell that you really loved him. You will both be in my prayers [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

emer222

Dee, you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your Poppy. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dee, I'm so sorry.

Your grandfather had quite a life. Sounds like he was a very special person who worked hard for his family and his country. Glad you have such lovely memories.

I hope you have people close by to support you right now and know that you can always come here for some virtual support.

[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry! I know what it's like to lose your grandparents. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Sending prayers your way. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

prasnlrd

Originally posted by DaisyDee:
    <center>Poppy</center>

<font color="blue"><font size="5"><center>In Loving Memory</center></font></font>

<center>This afternoon my Grandfather, Orlin L. Iverson passed away. He was born on Sept. 11th 1914 in Wildrose, ND, and would've been 92 next month. He married my grandmother Audrey in 1942, and a few months later was drafted into the army to serve his country during WWII. He achieved the rank of Staff Sargeant, and was a radio operator who landed on the coast of Normand on D-Day, and traveled with his until through France and Germany. After the war he and my Grandmother had three children. In 1957, David, the oldest drowned at age 11. My grandfather was a hard worker, and started his own refrigeration repair business when the children were young. Later on he became maintenance foreman for Oregon State University, and retired from there in 1977. After retirement, he spent much of his time in his shop tinkering, and could fix almost anything. When I was very young, I couldn't say "Grandpa", so instead I called him "Poppa." When I was about a year and a half, I started adding the letter "E" onto words, and he became "Poppy' which he will always be to me. As the oldest grandchild, I had a close relationship with both he and my grandmother who passed away in 1998. I hope they are now together in each other's loving arms. <u><font color="red">My life will never be the same with out them.</u></font> </center>

~Dee
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh My LORD in Heaven. Dee...yes, your life will be. "Earth has no sorrows that heaven cannot heal" I feel your pain and loss. I felt this way when my mother departed this life on February 6th, 2002. But I am here to tell you that I serve a GOD that will fill in all your voids and get you through this.

I know you loved your grandfather, but GOD loved him more and took him home to eternal rest. We will all pass this way one day.

My prayers are with you and may GOD's grace continue to shine upon you!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

BTW:
    The obituary you wrote about your grandfather was beautiful! He was so blessed to have a wonderful and loving GD like you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a beautiful tribute! I am so sorry for your loss, but you are so fortunate to have had such a special relationship and wonderful memories. My grandparents were absolute treasures to me too and they live in my heart every day.

Karla

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, what a beautiful and touching tribute to your "Poppy". I am so very sorry for your loss, but know that all of our prayers and hugs are with you during this difficult time. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] I'm sure your grandfather is looking down on you right now, smiling, and he knows how much you love him. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dee,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your post brought tears to my eyes and was a very touching tribute to your grandfather. He reminds me so much of my own grandfather. Especially the part that you wrote about his "tinkering." I know you have been blessed to have known such a hard working, loving man.

Take care and know that our thoughts and prayers are with your family during your time of loss.

Glenda

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 20, 2006 08:58 PM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast