Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hit Paydirt at Goodwill and Tuesday Morning! (PICTURES ADDED!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My girls and I had an awesome shopping trip today.

First of all, entirely OT, we picked up some tickets we won from a TV station for Disney On Ice The Incredibles in a couple of weeks. As these tickets are over $25 each, I was thrilled to win four of them. Only problem now is figuring out which one of us gets to invite someone to use our fourth ticket!

We then went to our Goodwill store. Found the most adorable handmade upholstered sofa just the right size for AGs, and at the bargain price of $3.99. Needless to say it came home with us.

After a quick stop at McDonald's, I decided to check out the Tuesday Morning to see if they might just have any of the items y'all have been finding there. I wasn't holding out much hope, since most folks seem to have found the items at least a week or so ago. We checked out the toy aisle, and found the stove in silver! I was so thrilled. So we came home with two new items for the "girls" to have in their home (the Lowe's converted cabinet). It's always nice to really find stuff on our trips, since it is a 100 mile round trip to the "city," and I like to come home feeling like the trip was worth it. But we had to go anyway, to get some school supplies, so this was not a trip by choice. Which made the finds even sweeter.

We will have an opportunity to check out another Tuesday Morning in a different city over the weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers that we find the washer and the microwave. Are these available in different colors, from what I've read?

I'll make an album showing the sofa in the next day or so, so y'all can see it. It's really neat.

Edited to add: Finished the album.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2103463498

Linda

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 10:32 AM: Message edited by: LindaL ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yay! I'm so glad your long trip paid off! Sounds like you got some really great stuff!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SCORE!!!

Don't you just love those AG bargains!

Congratulations! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on you great finds! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a great day!!
    Can't wait to see your album, could you take a picture of the stove also? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on the finds! (Sorry, I have no idea about the colors of the kitchen items.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We saw the Incredibles on Ice back in the spring. It was wonderful! I really didn't want to go. We saw the Princess one in the fall and I'm not much of an Incredibles Fan. What a pleasant surprise it was! I hope you and your girls enjoy it as much as we did.

Polly Marie

When I was a teen, I lived in a small town that had some football games an hour or more away. I still have fond memories of how the community supported the home and away games. Also the trips were fun traveling with your friends! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    BTW, We live in Houston now. Not too far to any store, but the traffic often makes the trip longer! [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What great finds, Linda! Sounds like you will have some fun dolly times with the new "home furnishings!" [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Linda, what great finds, and that was awesome about the Incredibles tickets. We missed seeing it before we moved.

I've heard a lot of mention of the Lowe's cabinet and I think I've seen it in a lot of people's albums.

Can you tell me what the original price from Lowe's is? Thanks,

Laurie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast