Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Joyfulone:
    Wow, that all looks so complicated to me...my Josefina may need to take a trip to see Dr. Robin. But I don't know if her limbs really are loose, or if it's just me. I guess I'll have to wait until I have a brand new doll to compare her too!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Comparing her to a brand new doll can be problematic as some of the dolls shipped from AG are already too loose. The test is to see if she can stand on her own, unaided by a stand or by being propped up against a wall. They should be able to do that completely on their own.

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, it's not hard to do--but many board members are not the "crafty" type; others may not have the hand strength required; others may not wish to invest in the tools and supplies needed in order to re-string just one doll; and still others feel just a little "freaked-out" at seeing dolls taken apart.

To these board members I offer my services of re-stringing (and hair restoration), and I like to think the convenience and quick service are well worth my rates, which I keep as low as I can.

To the intrepid would-be restringers, I say "Go to it, and good luck!", especially for PM dolls, which I myself like to see kept out of the AG Hospital when possible, just in case of unwanted head or limb replacements. (But that's just me--I know the AG Hospital does great work, but we all have our little freak-out triggers, and that's mine!) [img]eek.gif[/img]

To marymax--I order my elastic from the mini-world site, but they do have a $10 minimum order, which translates to 20 yards of elastic to meet the minimum. Good luck with Kirsten, and post pictures of her when she's done, if you can! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

my poor Kirsten is in pieces....her head on the table her arms and legs...are flopping all around...her stuffing is on the sofa...now I dont know how tighten them....any suggestions...

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 02, 2006 12:52 PM: Message edited by: marymax ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12