Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm wondering about sending out a traveling doll.She might not be AG,but then she might.I could send her out sometime in november.I have a few questions,is it safe?Will you lose your dolls?How much is it?How long are they gone?Whew,I guess that's not a few....lol.Well,thanks!

Bitsy

Polly Marie

Here is a thread about it:

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f/2155/t/36299

Just click on "Here" in Lindsey's first message of the thread.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would add that, for safety reasons, your mother should be in touch with each of your hosts so that they are aware that they have a responsible adult to interface with if necessary. That way, your Mom will also know who will be hosting your doll and when. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Jeanete and BEan bunny anD Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just sent out my first traveling dolls this year. Kit and Kat will be gone for about 6 months total. I sent them out to 8 hosts. In order not to lose your dolls, I recommend choosing hosts who've been on the board a long time and requesting shipping tracking or something like that. Stay in touch with your hosts to know when the doll is shipped and when she gets there. Also, discuss it with your mom to make she is OK with this... my mom is more worried about the dolls than I am sometimes!! [img]smile.gif[/img] HTH!
    Colleen

edited for clarification

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 12, 2006 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My mom said it was fine so long as I ask my dad.I think I might send a non ag doll.Her name is Megan,would anone host a non ag doll?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by EmilyandLA:
    I'm wondering about sending out a traveling doll.She might not be AG,but then she might.I could send her out sometime in november.I have a few questions,is it safe?Will you lose your dolls?How much is it?How long are they gone?Whew,I guess that's not a few....lol.Well,thanks!

Bitsy
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You may lose your doll. You may not, though. It just depends on the people handling the doll (the hosts, and the postal service).

How much it is depends on the size and weight of the package. Naturally, doll packages are pretty heavy! Of course, if you send out a doll that isn't AG, you won't have to insure it for as much (if you insure a package and the post office loses it, they'll replace it or give you the amount it was insured for). Less insurance = cheaper.

They're gone as long as you want them to be gone. You decide how long each host gets your doll (I'd imagine two weeks is good) and how many hosts your doll has. If you only want/get a few hosts, then your doll isn't gone very long. Or, if your doll has many hosts, she might be gone years!

It's all really up to you. You might PM someone who's had a traveling doll out if you have questions. Or, I've hosted several, you can feel free to PM me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gemma, one of my prized Berenguer Classmates, was out for around six months, during which time she visited hosts from the West Coast to the East Coast and several points in the Midwest. She did not get lost, although there were several close calls, each of which was rapidly resolved because we used Priority Mail with the tracking option and I was checking the USPS site every day she was in transit. Of course I followed the guidelines on selecting hosts at the Traveling Dolls site and corresponded with each of them before they were added to the list.

Was it worthwhile? Absolutely! Gemma got out to see a much larger view of the world, while each of the hosts got to see how cute my Gemma is and understand why I think she is so precious.

What would I have done differently? I would have included a "passport" and a little book in which each of the hosts could add their comments or, perhaps, a travelogue. Three outfits: a school uniform, a dress-up outfit and a pair of PJs was apparently just the right amount of clothing.

Interestingly, many of the hosts swapped the clothing on their dolls with Gemma's for the albums created for the visit. I found that amusing and gratifying as the major reason for one of my ImageStation albums was to show off the styles I like and encourage others to adopt them for their dolls...

Taffy