Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of bad things we do... (reviews)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I opened the box and have a bunch of reviews for you all!!

My mom and sister left to go do this Walk-a-thon thing for my sister's school, and my mom told me to open the AG box and check to make sure everything was there. Which, for me, constituted taking everything out of its box and examining. Don't worry... you can't tell... [img]tongue.gif[/img] The only obvious thing is that I took Emily's hair out of the hair net, because it was coming out anyway and it looked really bad. Luckily my mom doesn't know she comes with a hair net but... I think she expects it. I even got the Emily book rewrapped perfectly in the plastic. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

So... on to the reviews!

EMILY - Emily is so much prettier and cuter in real life than in pictures. Pictures really do not justify this girl. I was having some doubts about her meet dress, but I absolutely love it. I really like her face shape as well - I know it is standard, but the mold looks a bit different to me somehow - and she doesn't look a thing like 23! I was really worried about that. Comparison pics coming soon.

JESS - Jess is very cute... though I think I will like her better with her braids out, if my sister decides to take them out. I wasn't as excited to see her, of course, because I know I'm not getting her. I was a bit worried I'd like Jess more than Emily, but I definitely love Emily more.

EMILY'S TAP COSTUME - Stunning! I absolutely adore this outfit. I can't wait to try it on Emily. I love the colors, but was a bit confused... I thought both sides of the cape had the same number of stars? Oh, well, it is absolutely darling, and I highly recommend it, especially since I don't usually like buying outfits that can't really mix and match.

EMILY'S CHRISTMAS DRESS - You guys were right about the fabric, it is very nice. Feels appropriate, and I love the little flower. Very cute. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

EMILY'S ACCESSORIES - I really wish I had been able to look at the scrapbook, but it was wrapped in plastic. The sweater looks cute. The dog tags were a bit disappointing (the ribbon) but I guess that's how they were in the book - I flipped through the book - so they're OK. I'd definitely recommend this, if just because you get a sweater... you don't usually get something like that in the accessories. I think for AG it's a good deal for $20.

KIT'S CHRISTMAS DRESS - I didn't really get to look at this one that was, as I was anxious to dig down to find Emily. It seems cute and just the way I expected it. I think it's worth it for an accurate outfit besides the Meet one for Kit-Kat's movie premiere.

KIT'S TYPEWRITER SET - Definitely a must buy. This is ADORABLE!! I absolutely love the little detailing on the keys and how it comes with the newspapers.

... things my sister is getting ...

JESS'S KAYAKING OUTFIT - I am totally stealing this from my sister to use with Kailey. Love the wetshirt (?) as I've always been interested in surfing. Cute colors, too.

MOLLY'S SKATING OUTFIT - The whole thing is basically made from fleece or something similar. This was a bit disappointing, and I don't know how accurate it is. (I didn't open the skates/muffs.)

NELLIE'S HOLIDAY COAT - I was disappointed in this also. I didn't know the collar detatched, and when you take the collar off it looks just like Kit's coat except it has fur on the bottom. Personally I'd rather have Kit's as it could function as a modern item as well and is simple so it goes with more things.

ETA: I also got an IMAGINE with a postcard.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 27, 2006 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait for Christmas!

Polly Marie

lol [img]biggrin.gif[/img] This can serve as a warning to all the Moms out there! Best place to keep Christmas presents is at Grandma's place. [img]wink.gif[/img]

BTW, Great reviews!! You and your sister will have a lot of great AG things to enjoy at Christmas! [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 27, 2006 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Polly Marie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great reviews, nice job! I don't blame you for taking everything out and checking it, that's the only way to do it! heehee [img]wink.gif[/img]

I definitely want to get Emily's accessories, mainly for that sweater. She looked cold so I put the AGP Chicago jacket on her that I got from ebay. Looks pretty cute with her red socks! Do you think you'll get her PJs and robe too? They look so cute and cuddly--I love seeing them on real life dolls, most recently in Sheila's album on her Lillian Ruth.

Thanks again, your review is really helpful! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tari:
    Do you think you'll get her PJs and robe too? They look so cute and cuddly--I love seeing them on real life dolls, most recently in Sheila's album on her Lillian Ruth.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I might get them later. I agree they are really cute, but the only PJ's I've ever bought were Kit's (and a matching set for me) and some at craft fairs. My mom hates buying doll pj's for some reason, so I try to avoid it. I also don't use doll pajamas that often, but if I were to ask for a pair it would either be Josefina's (b/c it would double as a shirt), Nellie's or Emily's.

felicitygirl1774

LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews. I've been dithering back and forth on Emily and her items and need to make a decision as she'll get really popular once the movie airs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you could post comparison pictures of Emily and #23, that would be GREAT!

Erin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews!

Follows
    Following