Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, Kirsten and Sara just got their hair washed.

They've spent the day wrapped in Glad Wrap; I think they're mad at me.

Anyway, I have some questions:

1. I'm PARANOID that somehow, I let some small drop of water in their eyes, even if I'm sure they came out dry. Can someone assure paranoid me that they won't rust, or tell me what I need to do otherwise?

2. Let's say I want to downy dunk them tomorrow (Kirsten needs it hardcore). After that, how would I use a curling iron/straightener to soften her hair?

3. How would I get the little undercurl going in Sara's hair again?

4. Any reccomendations for brands of conditioner? The shampoo had conditioner in it, but I thought there was a spray-in sort I could use.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 30, 2006 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Bean Bunny ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1. Don't be scared. They need prolonged exposure to rust not a few drops here or there. I accidentally spilled water on Josefina years ago- a whole glass- and nothing happened.

As for curling iron- I did it when the hair was just barely barely damp. I used the low setting. Curls I just wrapped around the iron, but did not leave sitting on it for more than a few seconds. Just straighten hair as you would human hair.

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's an album of the first doll I downey dunked,Molly, and the result came out great! Since I wanted her hair completely strait I used my ceramic straitener that I use on my own hair. I put it on the lowest setting and turned it off every few minutes to keep the temperature even lower. I would do the same with the curling iron as the post above stated. It's very easy and you shouldn't have any problems! The type of conditioner you use doesn't really make a difference. Just use whatever you have lying around in the shower. I used pantene winter rescue one time and garnier fructis another. Good luck and show us your results!