Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Well, I actually don't mind so much. First off, it's not as if it ever said in Molly's books that Emily was NOT there. My only question is whether or not there will be a new show for Molly to be Miss Victory in, since she was sick and couldn't perform. I have to say that I love Emily and her collection, and when I was eight years old, I would have far preferred Emily to Linda or Susan.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by mayergirl:
    Well, I actually don't mind so much. First off, it's not as if it ever said in Molly's books that Emily was NOT there. My only question is whether or not there will be a new show for Molly to be Miss Victory in, since she was sick and couldn't perform.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Molly was Miss Victory at all the rehearsals.

But it seems to me that if Emily was there she would have been mentioned, or in the pictures of the group performance (you can see BOTH Susan and Linda in the illustrations, and they are all throughout the book)

Would Emily have wanted to perform in a Hurray for the USA show? As part of the American flag? I know she "learned" that the US was a big part of the war too, but she was quite fervant that America took too much credit for the war when England had been fighting it so much longer. It seems like she would have wanted to do something to support England- rather than be part of a red stripe (which the costume is) of the USA flag.

Then again, extrapolating so whatever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12