Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The two different face styles of Jess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I prefer the doll with the thinner face but wish her eye could be rotated upwards more. When I look at her face on from eye level she looks like her eye is about a fourth of the way down.
    American girl thought I was crazy about the differences but I know there is a definite difference. In person it is even more noticable. They said I could have her eye adjusted at the hospital so I might do that and then decide which one to keep.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to have to get both of mine out and look again!
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wanted to note that there are also differences in the embroidery on the tops. In my opinion, one is far superior in quality. I've gone through so many Jess's trying to find one that didn't have any large flaws and so saw many different looking faces (some also had more red in their hair than others). Thanks to Mollygirl and Ladydi, I now have my wonderful Jess and she is a treasure! My violin instructors daughters love AG so whenever I get something new I bring it to my violin lesson and my instructor commented that I must really love Jess (she knows I have several dolls and I guess I kept bringing Jess without even realizing it!) Anyway, enough off topic babble. I just wanted to add that about the embroidery and hair color. Lastly, I know this isn't very important, but the elastic in the undies can also be different. I think the earlier dolls are my favorite!

Shanna

emsmombuysdolls

I am picking up Jess's World for DD's bday. I was justing going to order with a code. Should I go downtown and pick one out for myself? I like chubby dollies.

T. Lynn

I'd personally pick the one you want if possible. We have 2 Marisols, both different, and I love the chubbier one as well. I have no idea why, but when you look at her, she seems so much more lovable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

now I want to buy a newer Jess too, in addition to the early one i have! I love the chubbier face, she is so cute!!

I really can't afford it though . . . .grrrrrrr

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have really been looking at these girls today! TOO much actually and I am more confused than ever! [img]confused.gif[/img]
    But, I do know that they both seem to have a smaller eye, both on the same side of the face too.
    Still can't make up my mind, But I am now leaning towards the thinner one, even though her hair is thinner too.
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I prefer mine with the thinner face and hair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123