Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The two different face styles of Jess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently bought another Jess when I went to AGPC because my original one has a 'lazy' eye which drives me crazy. But when I brought her home I realized the new one's face mold looked different than my first Jess's face mold. Take a look...
    My older one has a skinnier face and the newer one has a wider face. Which one do you prefer? I think I like the skinnier face better. But to me the newer ones face is more symetrical.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2102455295

Stephanie

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Molly92 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a huge fan of the PM dolls, and I have to say because of them and their chubbier bodies and faces I like the wider faced doll better, but they would make great twins! HEHE [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The same thing happened to me! I ordered one, she had glue, or something in her first part, that I could not remove, so they sent another, and she has a wider face AND thicker hair.
    I thought maybe I was seeing things, but I guess not! lol
    Couldn't decide which face I liked better.
    (Just got the new yesterday)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's hard to tell the difference in the pictures, but I have seen the two different versions in person and I know I prefer the earlier, thinner faced one.

DD got hers in January and her friend got one in June and brought her over for a playdate a few weeks ago. Even though DD's has one eye smaller than the other, I still preferred the look of hers.

Did the wider-faced one also look like she had a slightly darker complexion? DD's friends Jess looked slightly darker, but I didn't know if it was just because she was dirty (that's a whole other post--how pitiful her friend's Jess looked after only two months!)

Are you planning to go to AGPC again anytime soon? Now that you know there's a difference maybe you could look for a thinner faced one next time, or maybe ask a PS to look for one for you to exchange (if you decide you want another thin-faced one).

I'm curious to see what other's opinions are, as well. Good luck with your decision!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a difference, amazing and from the pictures it looks like the new one body is a little bit bigger to.

My Jess was bought the day she came out in Dec. and she looks like your Jan. one. Because of that it could be why seeing the two (2) of yours I like the Jan one better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also noticed my thinnner faced Jess seems to have an eye smaller than the other, I wonder if others have that same problem?
    If so I think I will stick with the thicker one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure if mine is the thinner or wider faced Jess-- I think she may be the wider faced version-- but she definitely has one eye larger than the other. I think it adds character. Jess is also about 3/4 of an inch taller than my other AGs. She can't wear the shorter dresses because they are way too short on her (like Molly's Route 66 dress). Her arms and legs are larger, too.

I ordered two Jess's (one for me, one for a friend). UPS mutilated the box (the whole bottome of the box was open-- packing peanuts all over my porch and driveway and I met the UPS delivery person at the door). One Jess box got squashed a little in the corner so I figured I'd take that one and give the pristine Jess to my friend. I opened the box of my Jess and I was so disappointed. I thought, "well, I can always sell her on ebay in a few years."

Then I opened the other Jess because I wanted to make sure she was in good shape (I'd heard so much about wig problems, etc. with Jess). I opened up the second box and knew immediately that that was my Jess. I switched box lids so I kept the damaged box. I cannot tell you what is different about the two Jess's but one did nothing for me and the other I love.

T. Lynn

I had the same problem with our Marisol's. One has a wider face than the other. Also, with the wider face doll, her skin tone is also a lighter color.

We use them as twins.

emsmombuysdolls

That's interesting that they would change the face mold on a doll that is only going to be issued for one year. I prefer the chubby gal!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought someone was told the variations in face molds were due to different factories-- the dolls are manufactured in at least two factories in China which means at least two sets of molds. It's not purposeful, not a change in face mold, just slight variations from factory to factory. (Okay, so they don't appear to be slight to us, but we're a little more particular about our dolls than most [img]wink.gif[/img] )

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 10:01 PM: Message edited by: MuppetQuilter ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast