Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The two different face styles of Jess.

Felicity_Fan85

I think my Jess has the thinner face- I ordered her in March. It's hard to tell because she is at home in her box, waiting for Christmas to roll around. Mine also has a smaller eye but I don't mind because I have a lazy eye so mine appears smaller. I plan on buying glasses for my Jess.

horselvr2

Hmm, I'd say I like the one w/ the thinnger face better, b/c it just seems more...well relistic to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the newer one with the wider face better because I love PM dolls with their chubby faces and chubby, huggable bodies best. The new Jess seems more like that. And that's the reason I love my Marisol with the wider face, too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

seems like my thicker doll is darker faced than my thinner one.
    She also seems to have thicker hair as I mentioned before.
    Funny how the same face can end up being so different.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so glad you started this thread Stephanie because I definitely notice a big difference in the face molds on Jess! This is part of the reason I debated for such a long time as to whether or not to even get her.

I must have looked through 15-20 different boxes at AGPC in April and each face looked different to me. I ended up with the skinnier face and you all are so right--one eye is smaller than the other, but I agree it gives her character! I think I prefer the skinnier face mold.

As far as Jess's hair is concerned, is anyone else besides me a bit disappointed in her hair? I unbraided it a few weeks ago to see how it would look and I just felt that the hair seems different than any of our other dolls. Does anyone else notice a difference? It just wasnt as much fun to brush as Marisol or Kit's for some reason, not sure why...

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by happyAGmommykatie:
    As far as Jess's hair is concerned, is anyone else besides me a bit disappointed in her hair? I unbraided it a few weeks ago to see how it would look and I just felt that the hair seems different than any of our other dolls. Does anyone else notice a difference? It just wasnt as much fun to brush as Marisol or Kit's for some reason, not sure why...

Katie
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I remember reading a lot of complaints about Jess's hair, although I can't say I have any. Jess was our first 18" AG, so I didn't have anything to compare her to. I love styling her hair, although when DD's friend brought her Jess over (the fuller faced one) I did notice she had much thicker hair than our thin-faced one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, the thick faced doll has thicker hair. Would that be best? There are things I like about them both! BUT I have to return 1 of them!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought I was crazy, when I went over my babysitter's grandchildren's house in early August. Her grandaughter has Jess. She got hers in June at AGPNY. I brought my Jess with me over her grandchildren's house. Her Jess had a much fuller face, and MUCH thicker hair than mine. My jess has a skinny face and thinner hair. I ordered mine the day she was released.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which do you prefer?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought that I would like the thicker hair better, but then I felt it when I was trying to find a good one and I found it to feel coarser. Maybe there are just more shorter hairs and so I feel the ends of them. Good luck deciding. I know it's a hard decision!

Shanna

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast