Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>Hang in there and follow Sara's direction and go on over to AGPLA.
    At least you know you'll be among friends..
    And visit here.
    I'm a wife,mom and grandma and I love my girls.
    It's something I can share with my grand daus.
    This "doll thing" is not weird.
    My family actually bought me my Molly..many years ago and it took off from there.
    My DH dotes on her and smiles at each addition,more or less cheerfully paying the Discover bill.('cause girls need "stuff")
    There's more of "us" out there then anyone knows..
    When I take Molly on trips..she's gone to WDW,DL,Washington,DC,Chicago and many closer to home trips...
    Someone always approaches me and Molly..
    Some have their own dolls,have kids with them..or would love to have one.
    HOw nice it will be for you and you little doll family when you have your own place.</center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Robin - It sounds like you know my husband and sons. [img]wink.gif[/img] Long conversations are not their thing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I second the advice given.

As for that husband crack--my boy has gotten used to the dollies and ponies. Anyone who wouldn't isn't worth it. I would have never gotten with a guy who wanted me to be an "adult"--it seems too many people think adult is a word tham means boring and stodgy and dull!

And how are roosters more appealing than dollies? [img]mad.gif[/img] I've seen real roosters, they're horrid little beasts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am wondering if you had been given a bedroom in this household? Did you leave things in the home expecting to come back this summer to live? If so, you need to talk to your father about your things beeing touched. Major not right.

I am wondering if a few dolls would be ok instead of your whole collection? Again I would talk to your father about this. He needs to know how important these dolls are to you. If he thinks your odd, have him read a few threads on this site. He will find out you are not alone.

Dolls will not get or lose you a husband. There are many girls on this board that are married and husbands support their doll collections.

At you age you can live anywhere you want. If you want to get a job, and live in PA. Do it. I, from San Diego will not understand wanting to live in PA but this is your life so go where you want to. With your education and your plans for more education you will be able to get a job where you want to.

Maybe spending the summer in this household is not the best thing for you. Maybe you just need a short visit. You will find that CA is a nice place to live. There are tons of nice people in CA/LA also. You may find you really like the area.

Sorry long. But girlfriend, your the bomb, your dolls are the best do what you want.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Inactive Member ahickel@comcast.net's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about your family. I am almost 40 (WITH a husband!!! and 2 kids)...I have dolls and I "play" with them. I dress them up and undress them etc.

I just wanted you to remember that the best thing about being an adult is that you can collect and play with whatever you'd like. Sometimes it's hard to understand why some people aren't accepting of other peoples hobbies or collections. Just hang in there and remember there are many beautiful, successful, adult women who still like their dolls [img]smile.gif[/img]

April

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For the record, I'm 54 and have been married (to a husband) for 30 years!

Is there any way that you could rent a small storage space for your doll stuff and then unpack them and set up a doll-playing area for yourself there?

Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I started collecting AG when I was in college (I was 21). Since then I have met my husband, gotten married and had 3 adorable living children, and added tons more vinyl ones.

So it is possible to find the right guy who can put up with, or even encourage AG habits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MollyGirl:
    Dolls will not get or lose you a husband. There are many girls on this board that are married and husbands support their doll collections.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True, but I can warn you that hiding your hobby in hopes of getting a husband or partner will lead you down a path you really will not enjoy later. If he thinks your having dolls is weird before you get married, he would be much more creeped out if you suddenly pulled them out after you got married.

It is much, much, much better to go into marriage with your potential mate knowing what your interests truly are. Then when the two of you say you will take the other as your mate, lumps and all, at least you both know what the lumps are. Marriage is challenging enough without extra surprises tossed in later! Trust me on this one...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um, that marriage thing really bothers me. Does your mom really say that? That's terrible and really sexist!

Women (and men) today should be happy. If that means you marry someone and spend 50 years in wedded bliss, then awesome, but if you don't, you're not automatically a bad person! How awful that someone would try to make you feel that way!

You need to be your own complete person first with your own interests, talents, skills and hobbies. It sounds like that's what you're trying to do. If doll collecting is a part of that, great! If you find a man who loves all of you -- dolls and all, then I hope you have a million long and happy years with him.

Lots of ladies have said that dolls really aren't a turn off for men. My boyfriend is a little doll-o-phobic (he can't handle picking them up, even), but he doesn't mind them, and he understands that I like them, so it's all gravy. Besides, he's into Halo action figures, so it's not like he can say too much. Actually, if he were given access to Imageshack and a digital camera, I'm sure you guys could see lots of adventures of Master Chief and Corporal Midget (the GI Joe knock off I gave him when I couldn't find a real Halo Marine doll ... um ... action figure).

GreyMyst

Originally posted by Bean Bunny:
    Actually, if he were given access to Imageshack and a digital camera, I'm sure you guys could see lots of adventures of Master Chief and Corporal Midget (the GI Joe knock off I gave him when I couldn't find a real Halo Marine doll ... um ... action figure).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROFL, please encourage him to get a digital camera! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] That would be GREAT!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast