Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am just wondering since I am new at collecting AG dolls, should I complete each collection before buying a new doll or buy the dolls and then their "Stuff" as I go along? I love a bunch of dolls but am not sure which way to go.
    thanks a bunch!
    PS I laid down a town plan and realized that there is only 1 bathroom for my girls and future girls and was wondering is there only one AG bathroom set and if so, is there any non-AG ones that would fit, they have to have more than one bathroom, but I don't want 2 or 3 of the same.
    THANKS!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by for_my_rose:
    I am just wondering since I am new at collecting AG dolls, should I complete each collection before buying a new doll or buy the dolls and then their "Stuff" as I go along? I love a bunch of dolls but am not sure which way to go.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are going to get a variety of answers on this one because it really is a matter of personal preference. Some of us go for complete collections, but the majority of us just buy the things we really want (as opposed to buying things just to complete a collection). Completing a collection is also very expensive for certain dolls because of the many retirements that have created reliance on eBay and its outrageous prices for certain items.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know I am still trying to get some of Sam's retired things. but next should I finish Sam's first or buy another friend, I can't decide
    oh what a dilemma!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Go with what you like. I have Sam, Molly, kit and Kirsten, but I have yet to buy anything for Kirsten. I seem to rotate; it was Kit for a while, and lately it had been a little bit Sam, but mostly Molly since a lt of her outfits are retiring. I also buy what I think is cute. AS for a bathroom, AG makes a bathtub, and a vanity. The closest thing I have seen for an AG toilet, was a coin bank that looked like a toilet, and when you placed the coin in the bowl and "flushed" it dropped the coin in, and made a flushing sound. It's actually a pretty good size, and if I ever find another at a garage sale, I know I'm going to buy it for my girls. I just can't in good consience eventually make them a bathroom wiithout a toilet in it. It wouldn't be right!

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It can get a bit over whelming if you start collection too many dolls, their clothes and accessories at the same time. I happened to like collecting the whole collection of a doll at a time. I started with Felicity then moved to Samantha and Molly, from there to Kirsten, Josefina, Addy and Kit. (Still working on getting all of Kit's furniture.)

But don't forget the Doll's of the Year, or the AGOT Dolls.

There truely is no right or wrong way to start your collection. I would suggest looking at the AG web site and see which doll and their collection calls to you. If you are close to a AG store maybe go and spend some time really checking out what each doll has to offer. If you have not read the books that go with the dolls, maybe even start there first.

I did not want to collect Josefina, Addy, Kirsten, or Kit until I read their stories.

No matter how you go about it, enjoy the magic of the AG dolls.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

P.S. There is a tub with bubbles that is going to be retired soon (I hear) and a sink stand also going to be retired soon. How many bathrooms do your girls need?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 10, 2006 03:35 AM: Message edited by: MollyGirl ]</font>

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As everyone mentioned it is all personal preference. I have numerous dolls (as all I wanted were more and more of them when I was younger) Now Im wishing I spent more money on accessories and items like that. Since I don't really play with them(I just make displays) I am much more into accesories and such than clothes (you can only have so many doll dress forms out at one time!!) However I love the idea of collecting whole colelctions for my dolls. The last year for me was the year of Felicity. I am missing a few retired items that go for crazy on ebay and I have yet to purchase her carriage or new armoire. I also consider her new nighttime necessities as part of Elizabeth's collection only because it doen't match anything for Felicity and matches Elizabeth's bedding set perfectly. I'll probably never complete Felicity's collection due to ebay but I have a feeling th carriage and armoire will be coming home in the next year or so. I guess I shoot more for nonretired colelctions and usually for dolls where I already have a decent amount of items. I collect full collections of the LE dolls , so I guess I really am all over the place. Sorry to keep going on and on...

13Pumpkins

I actually have gone down the doll only phase until recently. Right now my goal for the historicals is to have 3 AG dresses apiece, and then get their bed and nightstand. Anything ese will be because I love it. But my approach is probably very unique. I also like making stuff for my dolls..... and snayching Miss_Felicty's_Closet's expiriemnts when possible. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]