Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been selling a lot of my extra AG stuff on ebay. On Saturday one of my auctions closed. I sent the winner an invoice Saturday. Today is Wednesday and I still haven't been paid. I had sent a 2nd email saying if they paid today, Monday, I would ship the item out Tuesday. I haven't heard a word. Ebay won't let you file a nonpaying bidder complaint until a week is up- I think. Anyway, do you think it is a lost cause? First Nigeria and now this. I am not sure it is worth it to sell on ebay between the listing fees, paypal fees, shipping the item out, etc. What do you all think?

Polly Marie

Believe it or not, some people log on to their computers just once a week! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    That's hard for me to fantom, but it's true. So sorry that eBay selling is such a hassle. I really need to sell some items on eBay, but have been dreading it. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have you tried sending them an email as well? In that you could inform them that the item is to be paid for within 10 days, and if not you will be required to file a non-paying bidder report with Ebay. That might light a fire under them (or maybe not).
    You would have plenty of documentation that you tried to contact the buyer (2 invoices and an email) if you have to file a report with Ebay. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you state in your auctions that you accept Paypal only?? If not, some bidders just print out the invoice and mail a check, and don't even contact you. I get this all the time. 4 or 5 days after an auction ends, the check shows up in the mail. Don't forget we had a "no mail" holiday this week, which always slows everything down.

If it's a "Paypal only" auction, then you should keep trying to contact them. If not, give it till the end of the week, and see if the payment comes.
    When I have auctions ending on Sunday night, I start getting payments in Thursdays' mail, and that's when there's no holiday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you accept any form of mailed payment because some people never email just send the payment.I give 2 weeks then file(if they are communicating a little more time).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

File a report as soon as you can I have been using my mom's account and there have been a lot of people who have been sighing up bidding on a whole bunch of items never paying getting negative feedback and then are no longer a member of ebay, of corse if this person has more than 0 or 1 feedback then you should get paid.

Thoes new people who are doing that make me so mad it costs to much to keep re-listing.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with AG Seamstress.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is possible that the person does not even know they won!!

I had won an auction and had no idea since my spam filter stopped all my e-bay correspondance. It was not until I got a direct e-mail from teh seller that I even knew

Hope you get it all worked out

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I buy and sell about 70 items per month on Ebay, and I have only had about 6 non-paying bidders. Usually they are new, and had no intention of paying or responding, or sometimes sometimes things happen, and they find they can't pay for whatever reason. But if you get no payment and no response after 7 days, file with Ebay. They will send a reminder to the person. Then, I believe, you have to wait another 7 days before you can close the transaction if they don't respond. I don't leave negative feedback until the last possible moment, I want to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt. There's really nothing you can do before the 7 days have passed, and if you didn't state differently in your listing, some people think that is a reasonable time to wait to make payment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I average about 6-8 non paying bidders a month when I sell about 200-300 items, sometimes more. It is so frustrating. I give them about 5 days and start to email them. If I do not get payment I file a Nonpaying bidder on day 7.