Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emily neck markings

Donna Cotterman

Question

A friend's Emily arrived today and she e-mailed me with this

Emily has C Pleasant Company on the back of her neck. She also has the artist mark behind her right ear. They must be using up some leftover heads
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Will the new Emily owners check their doll's necks and see what markings are there? I'm interested to know if Mattel is using up the last of the doll heads.

Also will ask about the wigs? Anything to report about the scalp showing at the part or quaility of the material being used?

Thank you for your input. ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Emily is coming tomorrow and I'll be sure to post about what her neck says. I was JUST thinking that same thing yesterday, since I noticed that Emily has the same face mold as the other original AG dolls (ie-Felicity, Molly, Kirsten, Samantha), so I thought hmm . . . maybe there's a possibility of getting a PC head. I thought that would be so cool!! I wish I would get one . . . I'll let you know tomorrow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our emily's neck does say pleasant company! Her hair seems nice but her part was LOADED with glue. I called cs and they are sending us another doll. Hopefully we won't have the same problem!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Emily has Pleasant Company, too, and when I saw that, I was so HAPPY! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

As far as her wig, I'm never THAT picky. My Emily might have some glue showing, but I could NEVER send her back for a new one. I've already bonded...and so has Molly!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

DDs Emily has the same thing with the markings. It this to strange I wonder if it is the same mold or something?She sure is cute.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 08, 2006 02:59 PM: Message edited by: ladydi43 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think we are being picky at all! She has a huge WHITE glue strip down the middle of her head! That IMO is unacceptable.

T. Lynn

Do the new dolls say something other than Pleasant Company? I have a #27 coming and I'm curious so I can see what she has.

Also, what is the artist marking and which ear do you find it on? Are these only on certain dolls?

I have a 1995 PM #20 and never heard of these markings before. Once I get home, I want to check her out now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Emily has 'cAmerican Girl LLC' on her neck-in small print and a mark behind her right ear.
    Hair is perfect.
    Wish she was PC but I love her just the way she is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got 2 Emily dolls from AGPLA, and they both have Pleasant Company on neck, with no "artist mark" that I could see. Wonder if the ones in the stores are PC (I got them on Friday before they were on the website). They probably used the PC heads until they were gone, and now are on to the Mattel heads.

Donna Cotterman

Emily has arrived. She looks smaller but otherwise a beautiful doll. Her head has copy write C Pleasant Company in very small print on the neck. No artist mark can be found.
    Her wig is nice but not thick hair. The part is prominent but not sure if it is glue or a fine fishing line thread. No globs or noticeable amounts to speak of.
    She was quickly packed... box in disarray and accessories strewn without the Styrofoam peanuts. Second package was for her sled and it was crushed but no damage to the sled. Very nice article and sturdy. I will have to wait for the rest of the outfits and her dog until next week as UPS doesn't deliver on the weekends.
    It appears as if American Girl is sending dolls of different production lines to different areas of the country. I can not say.... OOOOHHHH I Just Love Her... but then I'm not eight years old. She is sweet but so close to Felicity that I do not want them displayed close to one another.

I will share her with the granddaughters and get their reaction and post it. Maybe grandma is tired today. Not disappointed but .... let her air a bit and get to know her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

^j^ Mrs.C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast