Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

OK all you seasoned MCM salers...

Gather all your knowledge and post here ANY advice that you can give ANYONE!!

This year will be my first sale, and I am sure there are other first-timers out there as well that could benefit from your knowledge!!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!

;o)
    Mary Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bring a large, strong bag that you can drag on the floor. I am bringing a construction clean up black plastic bag.

Wear comfortable shoes.

It is going to be hot and humid, so wear something cool and comfortable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bring water bottles and sunblock, you might be outside in the hot weather for a long time! [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Along with the large bag to drag on the floor(I've heard a lawn bag- the kind that you buy at a hardware store to reuse- they spring open- is also a good choice: something with a solid bottom), bring 2 other bags- one to put your dolls in (remember most of the boxes don't have lids, so the dolls can get bumped around), and one to put little breakable stuff in (like dishes, or small accessory pieces).

When shopping- circle back- sometimes runners are re-stocking things from the checkout lanes that were discarded, and you may find something different the second or third time around.

Check your stuff carefully. Look at the eyes- do they open and close together, how tight are the limbs, is the complete original outfit there (last year, lots of Kirstens didn't have original hair bows, etc.). Don't worry about really looking them over. I looked at about 15 Kirstens before I chose mine. And when I thought she was the one, I undressed her, just to be sure.

Drink water, but not too much- there are no bathrooms inside the warehouse, and there are portapotties outside (but once you go out you can't come back in without another ticket).

Someone may be able to pull up the map of the warehouse from an old thread if you haven't already seen it- it might be nice to look that over- I hear it's set up the same each year.

Have a BLAST!!!!!

Jo

emsmombuysdolls

Bring your own bags. They don't allow anything with wheels and lots of times run out of the bags they are selling. LOTS OF WATER! It looks like it is going to be as hot as last year, YIKES!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just got this in an email:

19th Annual Benefit Sale
    Saturday, July 15, 2006 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
    Sunday, July 16, 2006 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM

16 hours to go....
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

A few last minute sale reminders...

If you have not purchased tickets, tickets will be for sale for $8.00/each for Saturday entry times of 3:00 and after. Please visit the Madison Children's Museum Information Tent to ourchase.
    Sunday does not require a ticket. Available merchandise will have decreased but you will still find many bargains, as we drop the prices on Sunday.
    The Silent Auction takes place on Sunday. See below for Silent Auction items.
    Food, water, and soda will be available for purchase.
    Large, cloth shopping bags will be available for purchase.
    Don't forget to round-up. If all sale-goers round-up, we will help to ensure that the Madison Children?s Museum is accessible to all children regardless of economic restraints or cultural barriers. Thank you in advance for your support!
    No wheeled devices, e.g. strollers, wagons or wheeled luggage pieces (this includes back-packs), will be allowed in the warehouse. We reserve the right to refuse entry to these accessories.
    Please visit the Annual Benefit Sale website for up-to-date information.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Annual Benefit Sale 2006 Silent Auction

Madison Children's Museum will host a silent auction of unique and popular American Girl items. Each item has a reserve value that must be met. All bid sheets will be picked up at 11 a.m. All winning bids will be posted in the silent auction area. A winning bid is defined as the highest bid at 11 a.m. Sunday, July 16. You must be present to bid on items and be able to pay for them by 1 p.m. the same day. Silent auction items cannot be returned or exchanged to Madison Children's Museum or American Girl.

Silent Auction Items

Felicity's Clothes Press
    Felicity's Tea Set: A keep sake from Colonial Williamsburg.
    Felicity's World Scenes & Setting
    Felicity's original tea set for doll
    Felicity's Limited Edition Town Fair outfit from 1999
    Limited Edition Kailey Doll and Accessories
    Limited Edition Lindsey Doll and Accessories
    Marisol Doll and Acessories
    Samantha's Lawn Party outfit
    Samantha's Limited Edition Bathing Suit with umbrella
    Samantha's Summer Dress with whistle and bow for girls. Size 8
    An Original Pleasant Company Samantha Doll with a Merry Thought Bear
    A.G. Mini*s Cube with loft apartment furnishings
    Kathleen from Girls of Many Lands. Includes Doll, book, and cabinet
    Spring Pearl from Girls of Many Lands. Includes doll, book, and cabinet
    Original Bitty Baby Doll, memory book, new baby book, and a set of announcement cards
    Two retired Bitty Baby outfits: Spring Time Fun and Easter
    American Girl Place Red White and Blue Review Dress
    2 Tickets for Madison Children's Museum 2007 Annual Benefit Sale for 7:30 a.m. entry
    A day you will never forget at American Girl Place in Chicago. A meal for two in the cafe, $120 spending money, Theater performance, photo session, and a few more surprises.
    Sparkle, Spirit, Style T-Shirt and hat for you and your doll
    Kirsten's retired Drindle outfit for doll
    Addy's Christmas needle point set & sweet potato pudding set
    Kit's Christmas dress for you and your doll. Girl's dress size 10
    AGT's original Weber Grill for your doll
    Four Original American Girl Dress Patterns. Felicity, Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly
    An Original Pleasant Company Red Umbrella
    AGT Holiday 2000 outfit
    AGT Holiday 2001 outfit
    AGT Holiday 2003 outfit
    Angelina Ballerina mouse and bed with bedding and end table. Also her little sister Polly with a pram.
    Three outfits for Angelina: PJ's, winter coat, and princess costume. Includes hat box with accessories.
    Angelina Ballerina piano and stage set with accessories

------------
    Linda