Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: No Joke, I just caught a UFO on film!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think everyone needs to chill out, have a [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] (or 12), and play with some toys.

before I ban ALL your asses. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Joranthalus:
    i like flame wars [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*sets Jor on fire, leaves him on TCM's porch, rings doorbell, runs away*

[img]wink.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mmmmm BBQ Jor

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how did that happen [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker:
    Nobody ever said you can't talk politics, I just asked that you do it in the specified thread. That is best anyway, because then it is all in one place, for all to read and respond to.

Nobody is trying to censor the board, and I have not done so. I can name two boards off the top of my head that have political discussion banned all together, and none of us want that. I know we all like to rib each other, but when debates turn into "your stupid", "your an idiot" posts, I don't see that as ribbing.

This is becoming a bigger deal than it needs to. Maybe we should all remember that this is a TOY board.

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ November 05, 2004 03:41 PM: Message edited by: TCM Hitchhiker ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This has always been more than just a toy board. the white board is supposed to be just a toy board. I was one of the first over here and this was supposed to be a board about community and friends goofing off and having fun being able to take things farther than just toys. Name calling and poking fun is part of the way things have always been. Hell if STV hasnt called you a name by now or DA hasnt threatened to eat your soul or something then you're a newbie they havent gotten to.

this was supposed to be a place that was a lot looser than the white board on the rules and now because we now have some whiners that feel they have to cry to the mods to have the board THEY way, things seem to have taken a change and we're trying to build the board around them instead of them adapting to the board.

Its silly to try and please all. you will always offend someone and can never please them all. but to tighten it up so the guidelines are so straight and it will suffocate the board and a the fun and family that has been around for so long.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I's just having fun. I didn't see any personal attacks here. It's all good TCM, hold your ground. I think this election year has made us all a little "paranoid".

*cues Black Sabbath*

*nah, cues Grand Funk instead*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My brother and mother swear they saw a UFO once while she was picking my bro up from work. I would never think my mother would say something like that as I wouldnt think she'd believe in them, but she sticks to the story and cant explain what it was.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LICORICE!!!!

oooo....BLACK LICORICE!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    I's just having fun. I didn't see any personal attacks here. It's all good TCM, hold your ground. I think this election year has made us all a little "paranoid".

*cues Black Sabbath*

*nah, cues Grand Funk instead*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thats just it, I saw no personal attacks either

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There weren't any personal attacks here Andyman, but there were in a thread a week or so back.

chaser, yes, I understand that, and am not trying to censor the board what so ever. I have never been one against OT threads either, and my comment about it being a toy board was maybe a bit uncalled for, but toys are what has brought us all together, and are the main subject of the board.

At any rate, I am sorry if I pissed some of you off, but that was far from my intention. I think that is the biggest pain of being a mod, deciding where to draw the line on certain subjects. I tried my best to devise a way to making everyone happy, but you can't always, and can barely ever do that.

Now that I know so many are upset at my decision, I have decided to lay off. As long as everyone is respectful.

Sometimes mods will make decisions that people won't agree with, and well, that is just how it is. if we don't make some judegment calls, and let anything fly, then there is no reason for mods at all, and we are all setting ourselves up for white board chaos.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 05, 2004 04:07 PM: Message edited by: TCM Hitchhiker ]</font>