Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you open your toys, keep them sealed or are your bio? Let???s hear everyone???s view!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lets see...

For me it varies..all the reguler carded SW I keep MOC, some SW i have duppes of but that is only of Maul, Vader and Boba. anyting thats not reguler SW gets open upp but that ain much.

TF:s well all my TFs are loose , but i do save the boxes of the BTs and the Takara collection.and if I get some of the vintage figs in a box or so I keep that to.

Spawn figs..well everything is open up and displayed to enjoy them.

thats about it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Percentages? Pheh. My head hurts already. I can estimate that at least half of my open figures were returned to their packages and sealed in tubs with the rest of the MOC's when the hobby room had to be converted to a nursery. By and large there haven't been many additions to the collection since then, action figure-wise, and so it's a swinging state. I have about 16 cubic feet on top of the furniture/shroud that covers the radiator in our bedroom, and there is housed the remnants of my openers: S19 Spawn, still round-housing Jackyl Assassin; 4 loose preds from MM6, 4 loose Aliens, and the queen still in her box; Goliath; the ID-4 Alien that screams; UO Juggernaut; Pirate Spawn vs. the Sea Monster; Hasbro's Newborn Alien and Ripley; the Synestro and Sentinel HeroClix'; and the Matrix Sentinel grasping its way across the entire display. Nearby is a box containing two unfinished customs, BraveStarr, Alien Spawn 2, and a 12" Hasbro Alien. On top of that box, locked in an epic struggle, an MM5 Alien besets the throat of his MM5 Predator foe, who brandishing his wrist blades prepares to thrust them into the monster's side while one of the eggs the wrestle on has already opened - all formerly the property of one Dark Angel.

Then, there's the diecast collection - nearly a thousand HotWheels, all MOC, less than 50 are opened. I had to get tubs made of sterner plastic than the Rubbermaid jobbies at Walmart. One of them weighs about 120 lbs.

Conversely, my HeroClix and Mage Knight miniatures now total in the 1200-1300 range, and not more than 3 of them are still sealed in the original packaging. But, where the hell do you put 1200 1.5" disks? I could pret'near carpet the stairs with them and still have a few hundred left. So, they're all in boxes...upon boxes...upon boxes.

So, I guess that makes me a swinger. But it's still true that action figures die unless they're MOC, trapped with their original factory air, preserved in stasis. They simply can't breathe our air, and as soon as it fills their little lungs they are transformed into lifeless plastic statues. We are cruel murderers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    open---any of the carded or boxed stuff i have is that way because it's in storage

grilled cheese is your friend

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

normally I open all but autgraphed or rare exclusives, but lately since I've ran out of shelf space, when I get something I leave it cared and push pin it to the wall. soon as I make room on shelves I'll open them.

Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Originally posted by classic:
    im a moc guy. i just love the artwork of the packaging and in most cases there packaged in their best pose anyways. the only time ill open a figure is if i have extras that i cant trade that i got from a case or if the package came demolished. i have thousands closed but only 20 or so open.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How do you feel about those dynamic poses that look wierd without bases or parts of their bodies seperated whilst still MOC?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love openin them! So I buy 2 one to keep in the box an one to open, makes things a lil crowded though. AH, WHo Cares!! Open them suckers and smell that new toy smell heck better then a new car!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chosen One:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by classic:
    im a moc guy. i just love the artwork of the packaging and in most cases there packaged in their best pose anyways. the only time ill open a figure is if i have extras that i cant trade that i got from a case or if the package came demolished. i have thousands closed but only 20 or so open.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How do you feel about those dynamic poses that look wierd without bases or parts of their bodies seperated whilst still MOC?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah..like reborn mandarin spawn. now that has to be the worst packaged pose ever.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

agreed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Originally posted by Tortricidae:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chosen One:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by classic:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How do you feel about those dynamic poses that look wierd without bases or parts of their bodies seperated whilst still MOC?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah..like reborn mandarin spawn. now that has to be the worst packaged pose ever.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm gonna give that award to Monty with the up side down chiar, or one of the many sport figures whom have their legs seperated and hiding with the accessories. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast