Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just can't hang with the Christmas shopping crowd.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tr3s:
    DA is the only person so far, other that me, that has open eyes and closed fists during this time of year. The others are just, well... wishing.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Ever get that little "showdown" thing going where some asshole is shoving their way through an aisle or whatever and they see you, and you can see in their eyes that they are trying to calculate just what their chances are of getting away with it? Usually ends with 'em meekly saying "excuse me" to me...heh.

I gotta say, though, I try to be polite to the weaker creatures among us. Yes, indeed, I have helped little old ladies and cute girls. Especially cute girls...anyway, just the other day at W-M some assholes were attacking a pallet of crap and literally threw an empty box into the aisle that nearly tagged some poor old woman...which I grabbed, shoved back to the offender and told them to hold it, then helped the old bat get through the aisle. Assholes... [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i haven't even started yet.... i will next week though
    and the whole eye contact thing... i have perfected the *fuck off* and *drop dead* look. been doing it for years [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

To add some spice to shopping, our Walmart narrowed their aisles so two carts literally have trouble passing each other!

If I turn down an aisle and I see even ONE cart, I just try to find an empty aisle. the funny thing is most people there just laugh at each other trying to get by because they all know it's the fault of the store's design, not really the people.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know DA, it's amazing how simple thing like eye contact can make a person back down. I do it walking the mall all the time. If you look a person in the face they'll likely step aside to avoid eye contact.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by -Dark Angel-:
    I need to start giving classes on intimidation...shoving? Rudeness? I don't experience these things...well, occasionally, but those people learn better right quick. You people need to get hella meaner if others are treating you like that. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I need to relearn intimidation. I used to be great at it back when I was in Tae Kwon Do, but over the years my "fuck off" vibe has become rusty and ineffective in some situations.

I do give a good "look of death", though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    You know DA, it's amazing how simple thing like eye contact can make a person back down. I do it walking the mall all the time. If you look a person in the face they'll likely step aside to avoid eye contact.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell, Fluff, old news! Eye contact and long silences. Most people can't stand the silence, and will therefore do just about anything to fill the gap or end the conversation. Those are my two primary bullying tactics at work.

Also, withering disdain. Doesn't work as well online, but great for reality!

Tort: Rusty and ineffective? How...sad! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123