Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you can forget that that pompous ass Bono is the singer it's actually pretty damn good. He still has one of the best voices in rock.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, no he doesn't. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just sick of hearing "Vertigo" already.

It's in the iPod commercials.

It's constantly in rotation on MTV and VH1.

The song sounded good the first time I heard it, but now it's just annoying.

There's a backlash against Bono because he goes about promoting social causes the wrong way. Instead of a simple "We have a problem, please help," we get, "Can't you see that there's a problem? Are you blind? You're not paying attention!"-type speeches from some Eurotrash asshole that never takes off his sunglasses.

...And there's nothing quite as disgusting as a rock star with more money than God crying poormouth-- "There is so much poverty in the world. Children go to sleep hungry, slowly starving to death. You can help."

Thanks for the news flash, Guy-Who-Makes-More-Money-Than-Me-And-All-My-Friends-And-Family-Put-Together.

Audrey Hepburn always managed to present herself professionally and as a real humanitarian without making other people feel like less of a human being or less intelligent during all the years she worked for Unicef.

Bono could take a cue or two.

If he was really committed to these causes, why not donate all profit from How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb to charity? And throw in some of the cash they rake in from their tour, too, while they're at it.

Smashing Pumpkins did it on their tour in support of Adore.

It's not impossible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

That pompouss singer has more social conscience than most people on earth. I respect that.

All the review I read so far are saying it's the best album since Achtung Baby and easier on the ear than achtung

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still don't understand all the backlash against Bono. The guy gives back more to the community than half of all the other rock stars combined. I believe he should allowed a little latitude regarding his "pompous" ways.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 28, 2004 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Andyman ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    I still don't understand all the backlash against Bono. The guy gives back more to the community than half of all the other rock stars combined. I believe he should allowed a little latitude regarding his "pompous" ways.

<font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ November 28, 2004 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Andyman ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think most people think musician are stupid and should only sing.

Inactive Member Galactus the Planet Eater's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sculpey:
    If you can forget that that pompous ass Bono is the singer it's actually pretty damn good. He still has one of the best voices in rock.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Always loved these guys. The last album was terrific. Cant wait to get this one for Xmas. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Originally posted by Galactus the Planet Eater:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by sculpey:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Always loved these guys. The last album was terrific. Cant wait to get this one for Xmas. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The last album was a turning point but it mostly suck (except for New York, Beautiful Day and Elevation) I have two friends who are big U2 fan and were soooooo disapointed. One doesn't put it with her other U2 album on her CD rack and the other one lend it to me so I could listen to it and told me to keep it!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by White Line Nightmare:
    Just sick of hearing "Vertigo" already.

It's in the iPod commercials.

It's constantly in rotation on MTV and VH1.

The song sounded good the first time I heard it, but now it's just annoying.

There's a backlash against Bono because he goes about promoting social causes the wrong way. Instead of a simple "We have a problem, please help," we get, "Can't you see that there's a problem? Are you blind? You're not paying attention!"-type speeches from some Eurotrash asshole that never takes off his sunglasses.

...And there's nothing quite as disgusting as a rock star with more money than God crying poormouth-- "There is so much poverty in the world. Children go to sleep hungry, slowly starving to death. You can help."

Thanks for the news flash, Guy-Who-Makes-More-Money-Than-Me-And-All-My-Friends-And-Family-Put-Together.

Audrey Hepburn always managed to present herself professionally and as a real humanitarian without making other people feel like less of a human being or less intelligent during all the years she worked for Unicef.

Bono could take a cue or two.

If he was really committed to these causes, why not donate all profit from How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb to charity? And throw in some of the cash they rake in from their tour, too, while they're at it.

Smashing Pumpkins did it on their tour in support of Adore.

It's not impossible.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wanted The Downward Spiral special edition, but they were sold out everywhere...