Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice, discovered a piece of machinery inside a box of chocolates.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i found some odd substance in some orange juice one time, so i called and complained and got some free oj [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I say, don't be like every piece of white-trash trying to get something for free.

It would be nice to inform the company of the situation but if you suffered no physical harm (forget the mental torment bullshit) let it go at that.

Don't associeate yourself with ignorant fucks like those who spill hot coffee on themselves and expect to get monetary compensation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm with Spore.

When I opened a jar of Miracle Whip, started mixing up some chicken salad, I found a piece of broken glass in the Miracle Whip. Nobody ate any, so no one was harmed, but I contacted the company to give them the date code and such in case there are others. Our particular jar had no damage, so maybe another jar shattered and threw pieces or something.

I didn't ask for any compensation, but the did send us a check to cover the chicken, veggies, and miracle whip that were wasted. I was happy to see how many companies have switched to unbreakable plastic containers in the years since. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You could at least ask the company if they want their piece of machinery back. [img]wink.gif[/img]

BTW-I agree with Baimun who agreed with Spore on this one.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ November 30, 2004 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Andyman ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My frined complained to Outback Steak House website because they served Guinness in the wrong type of glass...LOL..they sent him Outback coupons!

Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Again thanx from the advice all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I sent them an E-mail telling them the story and if they wanted the piece back.

They took rocked up 09:00 to collect the peice, whilst I got a small collection of various chocolates, a apology letter and that once they discover where the peice came from, they'll get to me.

Oh no please, I wasn't looking to sue the company, although if one of us did choke on it, then that would have been a different story. [img]wink.gif[/img]

BTW, the peice was an angle holder of half an inch to half an inch of stainless steel.

bonedust

Originally posted by Spore:
    I say, don't be like every piece of white-trash trying to get something for free.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">for the record, mexicans do it too.

but yes i agree with spore.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hell with ours we felt a need to complain (this was my parents as I was a kid) as it had a half of a smoked cigar stuffed into it and was sealed. that was something I think they had a right to say something about. dont want disgruntled employees moving on to pissing in it next after the cigars do ya!?!??! personally, myself, I probably would have kept it as a conversation piece, but my ma was disgusted by it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by bonedust:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Spore:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">for the record, mexicans do it too.

but yes i agree with spore.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used the term "white" because it's the only safe form of racial discrimination... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Trash comes in all colours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12