Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Well, some good news out of the latest Spawn ecommerce controversy

-megalithanod

Would now be a good time to send my resume in to Tempe? I've got web load testing experience! [img]wink.gif[/img]

I do feel for you Dion - I've never seen it that bad! Compelte revolt almost. Look at it this way, if everyone never buys from you again (like they really meant it [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] ) that say they will - the next exclusive won't be so pressed with connections to the server [img]wink.gif[/img]

I for one think it is a great plan! Run off the excess of the people and bring your CCx customer base down to a manageable level! Brilliant! <font size="1">And I am just kidding around on that! You all do good for what you have available to you!</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by -Dark Angel-:
    ...they should make you save UPCs and send 'em in to get figures. This will also effectively put the kibosh on the most ridiculous end of the secondary, mip market, force mip collectors to buy more figures to keep mip, thus de-clogging shelves of the intensely lame and un-saleable figures, and limit those willing to go to the effort to those most likely to truly want and appreciate the exclusives.

Seriously.

...and yeah, no, I don't care if the mip-ers have to spend a fortune, either. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ha. I kind of like that idea (says the non MIP collector).

Although it would kind of suck if you had to send in the UPCs of figures from the line the CC piece is from, and the exclusive happens to be the only one you like.

I, for one, and curious to see how much this sports pick exclusive thing will go on ebay for. I bet the scalpers who managed to get one are actually really loving this fiasco.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ?SNAPE?:
    Lawyer talk that your feeble mind will never comprehend
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And now a question for Dion:

I happened to make the master list and thus ordered from the alternate site. Last night I got an e-mail that my order from the secret site was canceled. However, I still have one order from Monday that is showing in-progress. Do you think I'll get a set or not? No sweat if I don't, I'm comfortable knowing my life won't end if I can't purchase it, lol. The store account on both sites is [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So...I guess this means the order I printed out and mailed with a personal check is going to be SOL...?

Seriously, Deion fucking Sanders himself wouldn't be worth this much aggrivation. Blatant and crew deserve all the "hell yeah's" we can give. I smelled the shit storm in there from three forums away. Hang in there, man.

UPC's are a good idea except that they've become so easy to forge. I miss the flyers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe this is an example of the old being better than the new. I know it cost a bundle to print flyers and mail them out, but maybe if that was the case, this particular headache could be avoided. You get a flyer, or print out an order form and mail the sucker in. Orders are filled based on when they arrive in the mail. Maybe don't print one since that would lead to all sorts of scams with multiple addresses. You either have a real flyer or you don't. Maybe go back to having a membership fee to help defray costs. Didn't I have to pay a bit more to get my 'Gold Card'? And I gladly did.

I'm sure there'd be tons of issues with this too, but from what I read about online exclusives from all companies, the system isn't working well for anyone involved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sculpey:
    Maybe this is an example of the old being better than the new. I know it cost a bundle to print flyers and mail them out, but maybe if that was the case, this particular headache could be avoided. You get a flyer, or print out an order form and mail the sucker in. Orders are filled based on when they arrive in the mail. Maybe don't print one since that would lead to all sorts of scams with multiple addresses. You either have a real flyer or you don't. Maybe go back to having a membership fee to help defray costs. Didn't I have to pay a bit more to get my 'Gold Card'? And I gladly did.

I'm sure there'd be tons of issues with this too, but from what I read about online exclusives from all companies, the system isn't working well for anyone involved.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Except a mail-in process would be heavily affected by the mail system. It would essentially limit any international collectors from ordering, as all domestic orders would arrive long before the international ones.

I have no idea what happened, and I'm glad I missed whatever it was.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a good point about international orders. Maybe set aside a percentage of figs for them. I'm sure they could figure out the percentage pretty quickly. It would be interesting to see how many people would actually get off their asses and mail something rather than mindlessly clicking away.

I know this idea will never happen in the cyber age we're in now, I guess I just miss the old days.

-megalithanod

Well, if you took the approach of it being posted date and not arrival date it might work out.

But to track that would mean a TON of work on McF;s end and that would cause it's own problems with how it is all percieved.

I am really curious as to what Dion is planning for the future when he mentioned they would be differences in how the upcoming runs will be handled.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345