Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well, some good news out of the latest Spawn ecommerce controversy

-megalithanod

Arrow

Looks like they may be revamping and moving to another setup. This is an exceprt from a post from Mark Weber over on the CC forum of the WB:

am sorry this has been such a difficult process for our collectors. I'm optimistic that we'll get more figures produced to satisfy the demand (something we've only done once before with a CC Exclusive figure), and I'm confident that this is the last time we use our current server setup for a Collector's Club Exclusive. We are working very hard to fix this and make sure a similar situation doesn't happen in the future. Thanks for your patience during what I know was a very frustrating week for you all.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bolding the text in the quote to point it out to you more clearly.

Wonder if this will push back i.30 even further [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

How many servers have they gone through?

-megalithanod

I know of two since they switched over to the online only.

There was the server they had inhouse when they started the new online store with Urizen.

Once it started gettting clogged around the first Biker Chick I think, they switched over to the outsourced server administrated from some thrid party company. This one ain't cutting it on the first days of the offerings since they went to that one - this being the first time it has failed to the degree it has.

This will be their third then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'm glad they've recognized there's a problem and are trying to fix it. My last CC order was a pretty miserable experience. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't say too much aboot it, but I can tell you a couple things away from the raving lunatics at spawn.com: We've known for quite some time that our current ecommerce provider simply isn't up to the task. Actually, the last few exclusives have gone OK, but this Sanders thing hit us substantially harder than ANY exclusive we've ever done.

Unfortunately, we're in a contractual situation currently. I'd imagine that at least the next couple of exclusives will be with the same provider, although we will change HOW we offer exclusives in the interim. Hope his helps.
    d

-megalithanod

Thanks Dion!

It was amazing on a couple of fronts this time around:

How bad the server was hit, and the intensitiy of the backlash. Somewhat always expected, but the rabidness of it this time around is astounding!

bonedust

i bitched a little, and now i feel bad. i honestly had no idea that it was an outsourced service.

all in all i got what i wanted, and feel shitty about being upset. i apologize dion...but not to weber. fuck that guy!

only thing that sucked was not bieng able to get a CC ryan in the same order. eh well, its just a little shipping....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was pissed as well. But that's what rednecks do. they get pissed for little or no reason. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    But seriously. I was a litle p.o.ed but not at anyone in particular. For sure not with Dion. The only thing that needs done is my money refunded to my debit card. I was hit for about 400 bucks and it was a debit card so it took it out just like a cash transaction. i just hope my bank doesnt charge me the 25 dollars for overdrafting my account. They have a policy to cover any overdrafts but each one costs me an extra 25 bucks. I only keep about 500 bucks in the account since it is for lunch, toys, gas, etc. so we will see.
    And like Bonedust said. Weber is kinda lameass imo.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

He, at least I got my figur......THE HELL !!!!

cat

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ May 05, 2005 05:14 PM: Message edited by: MM4 in the rocks ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I apologize for all the ruckus, guys. It's absolutely insane. And, FYI, Mark Weber is one helluva good guy. Now that Goff fucker ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    d

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast